POSITION: DIETARY ASSISTANT
SUPERVISOR: DIETARY SERVICES MANAGER
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Dietary Services Manager, the
Dietary Assistant provides assistance in food preparation, serving
and cleaning the kitchen and dining area.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist in the preparation and serving of meals and snacks using portion control procedures; assist
in cleaning work areas, equipment, floors, dishes and utensils; assist in distributing menus and
checking trays for menu and diet preferences and accuracy; ensure proper storage of foods and
supplies; adhere to Universal Precautions and sanitary, safety and infection control policies and
2. Understand, comply with, and promote all rules regarding residents’ rights.
3. Ensure that food and supplies are available for the next meals and assist with the inventory and
storage of incoming foods and supplies.
4. Attend and participate in training, educational activities and staff meetings; assist in orientation
and training other staff.
5. Other duties as assigned.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Must be able to relate positively to residents and families and work cooperatively with other
2. Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
3. Must be capable of performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable
4. Physical and Sensory Requirements (with or without the aid of mechanical devices): Reaching,
bending, lifting, grasping, ability to communicate with personnel, ability to read and write and
ability to distinguish smells and temperatures, ability to understand and follow training and
5. Must meet all local health regulations, and successfully complete a post-offer health assessment.
This organization reserves the right to revise essential position functions and responsibilities as the
I acknowledge that I have reviewed this job description and I am able to fulfill these responsibilities. I