Employer - McCue Group Sonics
As a SONIC Drive-In General Manager, you are responsible for overseeing and managing the daily operations of the Drive-In to provide quality food in a clean, safe, and efficient manner so that guests will have an enjoyable experience at the Sonic Drive-In. As the highest management position within the Drive-In, you are accountable for the Drive-In and its operations.
• Hiring, training, managing, supervising, directing, and developing Great People ready to serve a SuperSONIC experience to every guest
• Demonstrating a Fair, Firm, Fun leadership approach, and leading by example
• Managing a profit and loss statement to exceed expectations every week, month, and year
• Swiftly resolving employee concerns with a thoughtful approach
• Celebrating team successes and coaching for better performance
• Setting expectations and providing clear and continuous feedback
• Creating an upbeat positive atmosphere during the shift that makes work fun
• Helping employees understand the big picture and their role by sharing the "why" behind tasks
• Understanding how to use metrics to evaluate Drive-In performance and make necessary improvements
• Getting out in the community, making a difference, and growing sales for your Drive-In and the brand
• Maintaining and enforcing SONIC safety and sanitation standards
• Relentlessly complying with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations
What You'll Need:
• Prior management experience; restaurant or retail industry highly preferred (subject to franchise discretion)
• High standards for self and the team
• Positive attitude, especially during rushes or stressful situations
• Resiliency - trying different approaches to solve a problem; working to get better every day
• Eagerness to learn and grow professionally and personally
• Ability to prioritize and complete tasks accordingly
• Excellent leadership and communication skills
• Associate's degree in Business or related field preferred (subject to franchise discretion)
• Willingness to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
The Fine Print:
As required by applicable law, SONIC Drive-In franchise organizations will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Each franchise organization is an independent employer and thus responsible for making its own employment-related decisions. Nothing in these materials should be construed as the franchisor being involved in or having control over a franchise employee's essential terms and conditions of employment.
Additional General Manager Requirements:
? High school diploma or equivalent required. Advanced studies in business, restaurant management or related fields are preferred
? Minimum of two (2) years of restaurant management experience (QSR preferred), experience running shifts without supervision
? Required to work a minimum 5 day workweek with 4 closing shifts (or 4 day workweek guaranteed) including irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
? Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing and selection practices
? Knowledge of federal and state labor laws as well as local health and sanitation laws and regulations
? Leadership and supervisory practices and skills; effective verbal and written communication skills
? Basic accounting and computer skills
? Ability to follow directions and work with autonomy once given directions; ability to multi-task and successfully solve problems
? Problem solving, decision-making and conflict-resolution skills
? Willingness to abide by the appearance, uniform and hygiene standards at SONIC
Sure, classic cars and vintage threads may be things of the past, but the Sonic Drive-In experience will always be groovy, right on, awesome, wicked, fab, the bee's knees, cruisin' . . . you get the picture! It's downright sensational!!
All that's missing is you, so APPLY TODAY!
SONIC and its independent franchise owners are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Posting ID: 56510185Posted: 2020-07-14