Southern Knights Senior Living is looking for an experienced Dietary Aide. The individual will have experience working within senior living, assisted living or memory care facilities.
Prepares and serves meals for the dietary department in a safe and appetizing method in compliance with dietary standards, policy and procedures. Cleans kitchen, washes dishes and returns food to proper storage.
- Assists with preparation of food items and serves food to residents within scheduled time frame.
- Cleans and maintains food service areas, including kitchen and dining room.
- Assists Dietary Director and/or cook in maintaining inventory control.
- Maintains clean, neat and safe work environment.
- Assures that resident’s diets are followed.
- Assures employees and resident guest meals are accounted for on a daily basis.
- Reports to Dietary Director any loss, breakage or waste of supplies and equipment.
- Observes and communicates to Dietary Director problems or potential problems in the dietary department.
- Observes and reports any unusual or potentially dangerous resident behavior
- Maintains current cleaning list and highest standards for kitchen cleanliness.
- Assists as a resident assistant when all dietary duties are finished.
- Assists in an emergency or, when short-staffed, as a Resident Assistant.
- Performs all other duties assigned by the Dietary Director or Administrator.
Training and Experience:
Working knowledge of rules and regulations related to health and safety in food preparation. Demonstrates ability in a wide range of food preparation and skills. Experience in dealing with elderly and their dietary needs. Experience in a similar position with a long term or related community.
Posting ID: 568031479Posted: 2020-10-27