The primary purpose of this position is to keep production machines operating on all shifts at maximum capacity with minimum downtime in order to maintain overall efficiency and productivity, as well as to maintain all refrigeration, boilers, and conveyors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Repairs, maintains, and adjusts machinery and equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's guides, and/or internal standards, which produce the highest quality product.
· Trouble shoots, maintains, and repairs mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and technical problems on production machinery, conveyor systems, and refrigeration units.
· Performs preventative maintenance: oils, lubricates, and replaces worn or broken parts.
· Overhauls or rebuilds motors and machines when required.
· Observes mechanical devices in operation, listens to sounds, and watches processes to locate areas of trouble.
· Interacts with operators and production supervisors to determine defect solutions.
· Maintains a proper inventory of parts and supplies; completing requisitions as needed.
· Completes work orders following proper operating procedures in as timely, safe, and as efficient manner as possible.
· Cleans spills in work area from machines or tools.
· Operates forklift.
· Documents maintenance, chemical usage, and safety information as required.
· Adapts to various situations and adjusts to shifting priorities.
· Meets company established attendance policy, and performs essential job functions throughout the established scheduled and extended work hours, as well as during inclement weather conditions, when demand requires.
· Abides by all company mandated safety/health rules and regulations.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Follows all Good Manufacturing Practice requirements and complies with all local, state, and federal regulatory requirements.
Education/Post Offer Requirements:
Requires at least 5 years of industrial experience thorough knowledge in the use of advanced shop mathematics, together with the use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, handbook formulas, all varieties of precision instruments and/or the use of broad training in machine, plant, and maintenance repairs. Equivalent to complete, accredited, indentured apprenticeship or equivalent to high school plus a 2-year technical college education. Must also maintain a current forklift license.
· Follow company policy
· Follow company's safety policies and procedure
· Other duties as may be assigned or required.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.