Part-time positions start at $15.50/hour for the new Harrison, NY store
The grand opening of the new Harrison store will be Fall 2020
Training and On-boarding will begin immediately!
Part Time Cook
As part of our culinary team, you?d be working for a company that?s been on the prestigious ?Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For?? list for 20 years in a row.? You?ll work side-by-side with experienced chefs making a wide variety of delicious, fresh and award-winning dishes that meet the needs of busy families and hungry people in the communities we serve. From our Prepared foods section of our store, you?ll make the food that makes a difference in our customers? lives.? In addition to opportunities for professional growth, you?ll have support. From flexible scheduling to great benefits, you?ll be able to do the work you love while living the life you want.? Join the Wegmans team today!
What will I do?
- Work to ensure incredible service is provided to guests by effectively handling a variety of tasks including consistently preparing ingredients to be used by the culinary team as well as creating high quality meals
- Follow proper recipes, knife skills and cooking techniques when prepping ingredients and preparing a variety of menu items to produce a consistent outcome
- Effectively multitask and balance prep work while ensuring guests meals are prepared in a timely manner with the highest standards of quality maintained
At Wegmans, we believe that if we take care of our people, they?ll take care of our customers.? That?s why, as part of the Wegmans family, you?ll have a package of benefits that covers your health, well-being, family and future.
- Flexibility in scheduling?work-life balance
- Employee discounts
- Premium pay on Sundays and holidays
- Quality affordable healthcare coverage
- Vision coverage
- Dental coverage
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employee wellness programs
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Wegmans retirement profit sharing plan
- Scholarship Program
*Certain eligibility requirements must be satisfied
Note to Applicant:
- All employee onboarding and training will begin immediately, and employees will be trained at other Wegmans stores within New Jersey. Travel will be required during this time.
- The Harrison store will be open 6am ? 12 pm, 7 days a week
- Part-time employees may work up to 30 hours/week, with shifts ranging between 4 and 8 hours at a time based on department needs. Weekly hours and specific shifts are not guaranteed, and we do not offer set schedules. The most successful applicants offer an availability spanning several hours at a time, on multiple days/week. Specific days/hours of work vary by position/department and will generally include weekends.
- Opportunities are for year-round employment
Posting ID: 557814236Posted: 2020-07-01