Jimmy John's is unlike any other sandwich chain in the country because we specialize in super-fast, high-volume sandwich execution! This high-speed execution has earned us the reputation of "Subs So Fast You'll Freak!" and "Americas #1 Sandwich Delivery." Now you can be a part of a rock star team that produces and delivers sandwiches freaky fast!
Shift Leader/Assistant Manager
Shift Leader/Assistant Managers help oversee the day-to-day operations of a Jimmy John's restaurant with a positive rock star go-getter attitude, leads by example by executing systems and procedures with 100% integrity in a fast paced environment. Huge potential to advance as the company grows.
If you are the rockstar for the job, apply now!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties of Inshoppers and drivers.
- Manages a staff of approximately 3 to 50 employees.
- Assigns, oversees and evaluates work. Recommends promotion, transfer, or termination of employees based on performance.
- Provides on-the-job training for new employees.
- Delegates and is responsible for the ordering, receipt, storage and issuing of all food, labor, equipment, cleaning, and paper supplies for the unit to ensure a minimum loss from waste or theft.
- Assists in the supervision of the preparation, sales, and service of food.
- Forecasts food items. Estimates what amount of each food item will be consumed per shift.
- Supervises food preparation and service operations while on duty. Assists inshoppers during rush periods to ensure the maintenance of restaurant efficiency.
- Assists inshoppers in greeting customers, taking orders, using the cash register, assembling order and checking for completeness and correctness.
- Ensure that every customer receives world-class customer service.
- Route deliveries and serve drivers to maximize delivery business and speed.
- Completes daily food preparation (opening procedures, meat and vegetable slicing, bread production).
- Completes Closing Procedures.
- Executes systems and procedures with 100% integrity and completeness.
- Completes daily and weekly paperwork.
- Responsible for 100% of the cash drawers at all times during the shift.
- Receives and stores product.
- Audits previous shift’s systems and procedures for 100% integrity and completeness.
- Completes preventive maintenance and upkeep on store’s equipment and supplies.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to read and write and communicate in English.
- Position requires bending, reaching, stooping, climbing, repetitive motions, cognitive skills, standing and moving about the unit the entire workday.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, current automobile insurance, and a clean driving record.
- Must have the stamina to work a minimum of 50-60 hours a week.
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, weekends as business dictates.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle and resolve customer threats and issues.
- Ability to handle and resolve employee issues.
- Skills to use a personal computer and various software packages (Word/Excel).
- Ability to handle stress and high-volume operations.
Posting ID: 24475645Posted: 2020-07-14