Within our organization, the Controls Engineer professional is responsible for the upkeep and improvement of all automation production equipment. Work towards continuous improvement of processes, with input from Manufacturing Engineers, Operators, and Management.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for managing multiple engineering projects that support plant operations. These projects will range from process improvements to development and installation of new tooling.
- Assist with Machine breakdowns when maintenance cannot fix in timely manner
- When required, interface with other functions (Manufacturing Engineers/Maintenance/New Model Launch/IT)
- Follow and improve DMS business systems
- Develop and Upgrade Vision System to World Class Standards
- Provide tools for useful data flow for manufacturing purposes, includes Machine data/Automated Text messages/Reporting Services/ETC.
- Work very closely with the other engineers to ensure continuity
- Effectively work, interact with and communicate with operators on the floor as well as DMS Management
- Assist with any additional tasks as assigned by the company
- Active leader in problem solving analysis and developing irreversible corrective actions of quality issues
- Ownership of PDCA items
- Bachelor’s Degree or a minimum 5 years experience in Engineering/Computer Science
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in machine startup/debugging is required
- Allen Bradley/PLC programming experience is mandatory
- Ability to communicate technical data (PLC ladder logic) to people on the floor and management to allow quicker troubleshooting.
- At least (3) years’ experience in assembly and/or manufacturing and demonstrated success as a person who solves problems
- Knowledge and experience with Allen-Bradley PLCs/HMIs is mandatory
- Previous experience in industrial machine debug
- Vision/Camera systems experience is required
- Above average PC skills which would include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shifts
- Knowledge of TS-16949 quality systems
- JIT manufacturing experience is a plus
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK NIGHTS: 4:00PM - 1:30AM
We are a world-class Tier 1, automotive interior components manufacturer.
Our work engenders pride in our diverse and talented team members
whose lives are transformed by their ability to learn new skills every day
in a welcoming environment where we use innovative technology
to deliver high-quality parts on time to our valued customers
Posting ID: 563081951Posted: 2020-08-04