Kansas Independent Oil & Gas Association
800 SW Jackson Street - Suite 1400 Topeka, Kansas 66612-1216
Administrative Assistant Job Description
Job Classification: Full Time
Work Schedule: M-F 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to KIOGA President
? Associate Degree
? Administrative experience
? Excellent communication skills as well as good and appropriate telephone etiquette
? Computer skills and experience necessary
? Familiarity with programs such as QuickBooks and experience with Microsoft Office
Programs is important
? The ability to work independently and multi-task
? Supportive of the oil and natural gas industry
The Administrative Assistant will conduct a wide range of office and clerical functions for
the Kansas Independent Oil & Gas Association (KIOGA). This person will support the KIOGA
President in a variety of activities and will be required to maintain good working relationships
with KIOGA members.
The Kansas Independent Oil & Gas Association is headquartered in Topeka, Kansas at
800 SW Jackson Street, Suite 1400, Topeka, Kansas and this person will be required to work at
Screening of applications will begin November 5, 2020 and will continue until the
position is filled. The desired start date is December 7, 2020.
Essential Functions of Position
• Assist the KIOGA President with office management, administration, and clerical
• Support and assist the KIOGA President with word processing, data entry, document
• Act as the receptionist for incoming calls to KIOGA, responding to member requests and,
when necessary, directing inquiries to the KIOGA President.
• Plans and organizes work so all assignments and job responsibilities are completed
within the designated time frames; notifies President when problems are encountered
which may interfere with completing an assignment on time.
• Maintain records and files in an orderly and timely manner, including destruction of old
records when directed.
• Assists in preparing correspondence and special reports.
? Prepares files and handouts for all board and committee meetings, seminars,
conventions and trade shows. Create brochures and flyers for seminars and
conventions. Prepare bulk mailings. Requires knowledge of Microsoft office programs.
? Acts as KIOGA Annual Convention and KIOGA Midyear meeting registrar, prepares
convention brochure and maintains registration lists. Responsible for annual
convention and midyear meeting trade show exhibitor contracts and event
sponsorships. Position requires limited travel twice a year for KIOGA events.
? Update and maintain KIOGA website.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Ability to be a team player, with strong relational skills, and maintain a positive attitude.
• Skilled at multi-tasking and attention to detail.
• Basic bookkeeping skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access,
• Skilled with database management.
• Skilled at operating various office equipment (Printers, Copiers, Mailing Machines, etc.).
• Ability to unpack and move supplies up to twenty-five (25) lbs.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time.
The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by
the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related
instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by the
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position in the KIOGA Topeka office. Salary based on qualification and
experience. Benefits include paid-time-off (PTO), paid holidays, health insurance, and optional
participation in Simple IRA.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Edward Cross at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more
information about the Kansas Independent Oil & Gas Association, please visit www.kioga.org.