As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Pharmacy Assistant provides friendly, courteous, and helpful service. Verifies information for new prescriptions. Receives authorized patient prescription refill requests. Fills bottle with prescribed tablets or capsules. Inserts pharmacy reference updates.
Answers phone calls not requiring the pharmacist's attention. Receives and stores incoming supplies.
Operates electronic cash register to total customers' final bill. Maintains cleanliness of the pharmacy area of the store. The Pharmacy Assistant reports to the Pharmacy Manager.
Safeway Pharmacy Assistant employees are generally responsible for completing the following job duties:
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy.
2. Verify information for new prescriptions. Receive authorized patient prescription refill requests.
3. Fill bottle with prescribed tablets or capsules.
4. Insert pharmacy reference updates.
5. Maintain confidentiality of all patient information.
6. Answer phone calls not requiring the pharmacist's attention.
7. Promptly report to the pharmacist all pharmacy complaints and inquires concerning prescriptions or prescription medication. Notify the pharmacist when agents from any regulatory agency or law
officers contact/visit the Pharmacy.
8. Receive and store incoming supplies.
9. Operate electronic cash register to total customers' final bill. Receive payment for customers'
purchase and count back correct change. Bag purchased items.
10. Maintain cleanliness of the pharmacy area of the store.
11. Comply with all policies and procedures set by company.
12. Other duties as assigned concurrent with all applicable laws and regulations.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience.
2. Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
3. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
4. Comply with any and all State Board regulations and any license requirements needed.