Our Promise: To love and care for your family as we do our own.
The Associate Executive Director (AED) is the second in command in the community. While the AED needs to be familiar with all aspects of the operation, the primary focus of this role is ensure excellence in the design, delivery and outcomes of the clinical, daily care, and life enrichment programs. The AED is directly responsible to ensure that the design and execution of the processes used for planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating services and programs in a manner that meets the needs and interests of residents and their families. In addition, the AED will be responsible for overseeing the concierge staff and ensuring an appropriate first impression be it phone calls or in person guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides input into the annual business and budget planning for the community. Directly responsible to monitor and ensure staffing levels, staff schedules, care planning/delivery, and supply inventories to are sufficient ensure that the Assisted Living, Memory Care, Nursing, and Concierge departments meets labor cost, supply cost, and quality of care goals.
- Ensures that medical evaluations, resident personal data, resident functional levels, and resident interests and social needs are clearly spelled out in Assessments and Service Plans. Assessments and Service Plans are clearly written, continuously reviewed, and are updated on a timely basis.
- Ensures effective departmental coordination so that clinical care, nutrition, and fie enrichment activities are carried out and appropriately documented. Ensures a process to hold effective and timely Service Plan meetings with residents and families.
- Ensures that processes are in place for appropriate departmental leaders meet with prospective and current residents and their families to discuss issues related to resident care, participation in activities, solve problems, and promote positive customer relations. Assures problems and complaints involving care services and activities are managed in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintains overall responsibility for ensuring the effectiveness of Health Maintenance Meetings and ensuring that follow up actions identified in these meetings are carried out in a timely manner.
- Reports monthly on performance metrics tracked via the Monthly Scorecard. Manages the process to regularly review performance in these results areas and identify actions to improve performance. Manages the process to ensure a high level of compliance with Federal, State, and Local rules and regulations.
- Represents Kensington Senior Living in professional and community activities and maintains positive relationship with referral sources and service providers.
- Ensures the processes for selecting, on-boarding and performance management of staff are carried out in a manner results in high performance and low turnover. Sets departmental priorities and makes job assignments. Keeps employees informed of changes that affect them.
- Ensures the concierge team maintains appropriate logs/binders at desk, is highly professional, is provided with appropriate supervisory development training, and is fully prepared to carry out its responsibilities as outlined in the Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Attends and participates in workshops, seminars, and other programs to keep abreast of changes in the healthcare field. Shares and communicates new knowledge. Participates in other professional development activities as required.
Knowledge and Skill:
- Must have excellent verbal skills and communication abilities.
- Ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to calculate figures related to budgetary items, staffing needs, medication dosages, and amounts such as percentages and area.
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations, as well as COBRA laws.
- Must have excellent computer skills, including; Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Property Management Systems.
- Must be able to clearly and proficiently communicate with people of all ages, while maintaining an energetic and positive attitude.
- Must be able to read and write English, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Minimum of five (5) years in leadership positions, preferably in high acuity assisted living communities. Direct hands on care experience required.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional certification required.
- Be in good health, and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis by a health screening performed by a physician not more than (6) months prior to or (7) days after employment
- Must be cleared in a criminal background check administered in the state of California.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms above, below and at shoulder height.
- The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Must be able to push a minimum of 200 pounds and be able to push such weight a minimum distance of 200 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during an emergency.
- Work area may be subject to noise, distractions, and interruptions. Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations is required.
Posting ID: 564761820Posted: 2020-08-04