Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Intelligence & Space is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail. Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters.. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Intelligence & Space. Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space. We are actively seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We're looking for you. Systems Engineering Center is seeking a RF Lead System Engineer with domain knowledge in RF systems, Space, and capable of leading a technical team. Our team is developing the next generation of space systems architecture, space vehicle systems, and space mission payloads. We would like to hear from you if you have the initiative and qualifications in RF technology.
The Systems Engineering Center (SEC) is seeking strong, technically sound engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative, cost-effective solutions for complex space applications using RF. The successful candidate will be a member of the Space Mission Specialty Department and will provide engineering leadership for the Architecting, Developing, Testing, and Verification of RF space programs. The job tasks will include:
• Development of mathematical algorithms for calibration of RF systems
• Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics and phenomenology
• Development of mathematical algorithms for target tracking and data fusion
• Performance predictions & trade studies
• Waveform design, optimization, and exploitation
• Technical leadership participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and test requirements verification
• Develop the analysis to predict overall system performance, error margins and performance budgets (link budget).
• Technical leadership of peer groups, and provides technical mentoring to programs as subject matter expert for RF sensors.
• Conduct system design reviews, test readiness reviews, and test review boards.
• Support the development and flow down of systems requirements, error budget trees, and performance modeling, simulation and analysisRequired Skills:
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in systems engineering or algorithm development
• Knowledge and experience of calibrating of RF systems
• Knowledge and experience of signal processing techniques, mathematical algorithms, analytic techniques and computer simulations
• Knowledge and experience of performance predictions & trade studies
• Knowledge and experience of waveform design, optimization, and exploitation
• Knowledge and experience of sensor operations, calibration, and antenna processing
• Knowledge and experience of data association and track filtering techniques
• Knowledge and experience of clutter and jammer mitigation• Active DoD Top Secret clearance• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of Day 1 of employment• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
• Experience in Matlab, C++, or related languages
• Experience in algorithm and signal processing development
• Experience working with both customer and internal resources
• Able to effectively multi-task multiple tasks and priority actions
• Work experience in sensor design, development, integration and test
• Experience in software development of embedded, real-time complex systems
• Experience in hardware and software integration of embedded, real-time complex systems
• Graduate level coursework in and/or work experience in digital filtering, linear algebra, stochastic processes, estimation theory, and detection theory
• Leadership and communication skills
• Experience leading a technical team of System Engineers and Analysts• Active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearanceRequired Education:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related STEM degreeThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posting ID: 567466954Posted: 2020-08-11