The Head of Bidding support & Project start up plays a key role at the tender stage supporting the engineering team and the operation during the startup phase of the projects.
Including but not limited to:
• Supervise & monitor all activities in support of the bidding unit during the tender study.
• Ensure the preparation and management of requests for quotation relative to specific projects.
• Liaison with regional procurement & commodity team for the strategy of the assigned commodities.
• Define/negotiate & manage the pre-bid agreement and/or contracts with strategic suppliers and DBE as necessary.
• Analysis of all offers in liaison with bid department.
• Supervise all activities related to the preparation of procurement budget during project start up.
• Oversee the transition of all procurement plans from the pre-bid phase to the assigned purchasing managers.
• Conduct market analysis to identify new potential suppliers in liaison with commodity and vendor management.
• Verify and make recommendation as necessary to the current operating procedures.
• Supervise a team of managers and buyers.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, business administration or related field required
• Master's degree in Engineering/MBA or related field is preferred.
• 10+ years of experience in similar role within a multi-national organization.
• Experience defining & implementing a purchase strategy.
• Background experience conducting presentations to the C-suite.
• Excellent negotiation, communication, and networking skills.
• Knowledge of setting contractual framework agreements.
• Background experience in the selection/development of the supply base.
• A team player with flexible and results orientated can do approach.
The Lane Construction Corporation is a wholly owned subsidiary of Lane Industries, Inc., which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Salini Impregilo U.S. Holdings, Inc.