About the Team
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we've got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of
- courage & innovation
- agility & performance
- inclusivity & collaboration
- integrity & accountability
It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.Key Responsibilities:
Act as strategic advisor for the Black and Decker Accelerator Team through close working relationships with business partners. Acts as strategic interface between IT and Business Partners to stimulate, surface and shape demand. Serves as an advisor to business partners to shape their strategy with regard to technology and educate partners about IT processes, roles, products and capabilities. Develops methodologies and strategies using a broad array of communication tools to inform, persuade, influence, direct and facilitate analysis and communication between business and IT. Key Activities:
- Act as the technology advisor and thought leader to the Black and Decker Accelerator Team
- Champion to the Business for identifying and driving innovative IT solutions.
- Engages closely and collaboratively with designers, engineers and UX to shape product roadmaps and execution schedules.
- Communicates business needs with technology solutions team to gain alignment between business needs and technical capabilities.
- Influences and contributes to the overall corporate platform architecture, IT strategy and IT roadmap.
- Represents IT within the BUs by maintaining a high degree of visibility within the business and attending business meetings and appropriate management forums, providing a central point of information for all related IT activities
- Assists the business to form/improve process and systems solutions that are appropriate and adequate to satisfy both tactical and strategic business needs
- Ensure project and initiative progress, including consistent and effective communication and managing escalation/risk.
- Participate in the quarterly forecasting and IT annual budgeting and planning process for the assigned business units, and tracks IT spend
- Helps evaluate IT project objectives and analyzes new business initiatives
- Helps drive necessary change and accountability within the business and IT Leadership to achieve initial and lasting value from IT Initiatives.
- Stakeholder relationship management and engagement at all levels
- Understanding of future technologies
- Business acumen and Finance principles
- Understanding of industry including financials, market trends, opportunities and threats
- Business case development including identifying metrics that drive value
- Portfolio and Program Management
- Knowledge of required technologies (incl 3rd party solutions)
- Application domain knowledge
- Oral & written communications
- Strategic problem solving / consulting
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Highly organized, capable of effectively managing competing priorities and delivering on business results
- Ability to translate technology to business value while driving positive business outcomes
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Deep understanding of application portfolio, IT strategy and roadmap, and business priorities
- Security, privacy and risk mindset
- BRMP or CBRM certifications preferred
- IIBA and/or PMI-PBA certification is a plus
- Ability to influence
- Leadership -- Effectively leads teams & people
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational and Political Savviness
- Executive Presence and leadership
- Humility and Empathy
- Strategic Vision
- Ability to execute
- Adaptability / ability to lead change
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Conflict Management
• Undergraduate degree and 10+ years of digital leadership experience in a multinational global company
• Graduate degree and 8-10 years relevant experience.
Physical Requirement/Work Location
- 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 0-3 years leadership experience.
- Partially Remote - will be required to go onsite as needed
#Elu#LI-BF1 Requisition Number
Information Systems City
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.Featured Category on SBD Careers
Technology & Data