Class A Mechanic:
Under limited supervision performs work of considerable difficulty in the repair and maintenance of vehicles and heavy construction equipment; performs related work as assigned.
- Diagnoses, rebuilds and repairs vehicles and construction equipment.
- Performs inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and construction equipment.
- Fleet Maintenance
- Road Service
- Prepares and maintains records and reports.
Considerable knowledge of:
- Methods, materials, tools and techniques used in vehicle and construction equipment repair and maintenance. This includes heavy trucks like Mack, International and Peterbilt.
- Diagnosing mechanical problems and performing repairs.
- Electrical systems, including computerized induction/ignition systems.
- Hydraulic systems
- Power Trans
- Use of power and hand tools.
- Use of diagnostic equipment.
- Electric arc welding.
- Operation of vehicles and equipment for diagnostic purposes.
- Diagnose problems and make repairs in the field
- Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Work extended hours out of doors in a variety of weather conditions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public.
- Follow written and verbal instructions, including manufacturers' service specifications.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Five years of experience and/or training in vehicle/construction equipment repair and maintenance shop or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
MUST HAVE VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
This position is hourly and could require overtime.
Computer skills a plus
ISC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 569707818Posted: 2020-09-21