- Sort and collate mail
- Dispose of junk mail
- Resolve issues with incorrect, returned mail
- Receive outgoing mail and apply correct postage
- Arrange for pickup of outgoing mail
- Record registered mail
- Place mail in proper buckets for distribution
- Process outgoing shipments (Fed-Ex, UPS, DHL and USPS)
- Weigh mail to determine correct postage
- Place mail in metal bins for distribution
- Operate forklift and electronic pallet jacks as needed
- Perform hospitality services and minor housekeeping items
- Ensure office is adequately stocked with mail and office supplies
- Stock copy rooms and printing devices
- Provide support for small office moves
- Set up and tear down conference rooms
- Support corporate meeting/event set up and tear downs
- Perform light building maintenance for the facilities as needed
- Light patching and painting work
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as checking door, storage areas and building maintenance areas are locked and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Perform inspections of emergency lights, fire extinguishers, and safety eye wash stations.
- Daily, weekly, bi-weekly and monthly inspections on asset/equipment.
- Responds effectively and timely to all emergencies.
- Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of the Maintenance Mechanic role.
- Performs inspections and repairs to the facility interior and exterior areas, including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, lighting, etc.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for maintenance duties
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Years of relevant experience
- Candidate must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
Skills and knowledge
- Preferred 1-2 years of previous mailroom or Building Maintenance experience
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral
- Excellent computer skills, specifically word processing and database entry and knowledge of scanning machines
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to sort the mail in a way to help ease and speed of delivery
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
Physical work requirements and work conditions
- Ability to be trained as a Certified Fork Lift Operator
JLL Privacy Notice
- The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects that may be 25+ pounds.
- The ability to see and hear details in order to identify and diagnose problems.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Ability to spend much of the day on his/her feet
- Must be able to work quickly with hands and have good hand/eye coordination
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Posting ID: 567149164Posted: 2020-08-07