Academies of Math and Science – 2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year
For Today's Scholars – Tomorrow's Global Visionaries
Academic Program Coordinator - Start Immediately
Location: AMS network office - 2980 N Campbell Ave. Suite #130, Tucson, AZ, 85719
This position will require the incumbent to work from our Tucson or Phoenix office location.
Are you dedicated to influencing positive changes in at-risk communities by preparing students for college and a successful life and career? As part of the AMS family, your role as an Academic Program Coordinator will be to support the academic team to foster our development as a data-driven organization. Our passion is serving low-income neighborhoods and providing a STEM-focused education in conjunction with music, foreign language, and sports programs.
As we grow by roughly 30% each year, we are seeking intelligent, data-driven staff eager to uphold the same academic excellence that made our flagship school in Tucson the 2016 AZ Charter School of the Year. Our results and success support our belief that all students can succeed – no matter their background – with the right programs in place, and more importantly, the right people leading the way. That's where you come in.
The Academic Program Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Supporting all elements of the AMS instructional program
- Planning and executing assigned projects and operations within the Academic Department
- Providing comprehensive academic support to schools as needed
- Performing administrative tasks associated with Academic Department projects and activities
- Generating academic data reports for a network of over 6,000 students using various online academic software
- Communicating data findings to colleagues and school leaders
- Creating online benchmark assessments aligned to state standards and curriculum for both ELA and Math
- Supporting schools during benchmark assessments
- Updating, monitoring, and auditing schools for compliance related academics
- Creating professional development resources as needed by schools
- Maintaining professional knowledge in applicable academic areas
Must be able to:
- Manage multiple projects and processes simultaneously
- Work at a fast pace with minimal supervision
- Give strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Meet deadlines
- Readily learn new formats, interfaces, and programs
- Work proficiently in Excel
- Maintain a student-oriented attitude
- Display professionalism and integrity
Qualifications & competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proficient in Excel
- Proven teaching experience in a K-8 setting
- Advanced computer proficiency skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Why work for us?
- Competitive salaries and bonus pay
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement (with employer contributions), PTO, and disability and life insurance
- Supportive, collaborative culture with incredible coworkers and leaders
- Comprehensive training, follow-up coaching, PD, and professional learning communities
- Extensive opportunities for career mobility/advancement as our schools and network continue to grow and expand to new areas
- The chance to truly make a difference in the lives of children who may not otherwise have access to a high-quality education
- Interested in working with us?
- Apply through the link below. Please include:
- A detailed resume describing your experience and data-supported accomplishments
- A cover letter or writing sample showcasing your written communication skills and demonstrating your alignment with the AMS mission and competencies ]
Compensation: $45,000 - $55,000 per year, DOE.
*If you experience any problems with the application please try a different browser or disable pop-up blockers. If you continue to have difficulties then please contact us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting ID: 579339387Posted: 2020-10-13