Note: This is not a county position. As a service to employers in the Stanislaus County we assist them with recruitment services which include: new hire and job placement resources, targeted recruitments, job posting and marketing, applicant screening services, customized recruitment events and job fairs.
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Manager is to guide and direct the plant maintenance team in activities involving the repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, infrastructure and equipment. The successful candidate will execute a maintenance strategy that promotes efficient optimal operations and actively support continuous reliability improvements.
Essential Job Functions
- Utilizes the company's computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and supports its use as a key management information tool managing the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
- Responsible for the technical development of all assigned staff. The incumbent participates in the recruitment, selection, coaching, evaluation and development of all assigned maintenance personnel.
- Ensure that front line supervisors and teams within the business unit are developed and held accountable for achieving individual, team and business unit goals
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership while driving business changes and minimizing people impact
- Builds people capability through effective employee relations, hiring, training, and communication for front-line hourly and salaried personnel
- Communicate and collaborate cross-functionally to assist the team to solve operational issues
- Motivate and hold team members accountable to achieve plan goals
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables, etc.)
- Work closely with suppliers and internal customers to deliver expected results
- Administer policies and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance at the worksite
- Conduct presentations and formal training programs
- Seek out and implement best practices
- Solve daily operational issues
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Proven experience as manager maintenance or relevant position
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Good analytical/critical thinking
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Engineering plus 5 years of experience in manufacturing environment reflecting increasing levels of responsibility or 15 years’ experience in distribution, logistics or manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing, and operating within, cross-functional teams as well as the ability to significantly integrate within corporate and customer organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Required to lift and move up to 40 pounds.
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Must be able to work in a manufacturing factory & various inside and outside locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces.
- This is a highly physical role and will require constant fine manipulation with both hands, often standing, often walking, and will require lifting up to 40 pounds regularly.
- Must have the ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time, climb stairs, and walk as needed on the manufacturing floor and warehouse.
- Must wear personal protective equipment as defined/required by job assignments.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time Exempt position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EEO Statement: SSI is an EEO employer – Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled and other protected categories
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 573835912Posted: 2020-10-25