Competitive + Benefits
Embassy Suites Tuscaloosa, Tuscaloosa 35401
We are a global hospitality management company who partner with internationally renowned brands to deliver the full commercial potential of our hotels. Here in the US, we operate 18 properties and have ambitious development and growth plans.
Our mission is to go beyond 'hospitality' by creating memorable experiences and lasting connections with our guests.
It's our uncompromising passion for outstanding service that makes us who we are. At the core of this philosophy is our people.
Our culture runs on passion, enthusiasm and fun " we love what we do!
We set the bar high and we are relentless in our pursuit to 're-define hospitality'.Benefits Package
-Team Member Hotel Discount Program
-One meal provided per shift
-Benefits " Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and other supplemental options
-Paid PTO beginning after ninety (90) days of employment
-401K after six (6) months of employment with employer matching
-Team Member Awards and Recognition programs throughout the year
-Food and Beverage Discounts
Greet and seat all guests and ensure a quality dining experience. Supervises and coordinate the activities of the dining room in a restaurant.
$300 signing bonus after ninety (90) days of employment.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Greet guests, escort them to their table, pull chair out for the guest, and present menus.
- Make sure entry doors are clean, free of debris and are inviting, and welcoming.
- Make sure all menus are wiped down, free of spots or stains, and complete with any special food and beverage items.
- Inform servers of their location and assigned station. Plan out the seating chart and organize the reservations for the evening.
- Check with the phone reservationists or answering machine messages to assure you have all reservations.
- Check with manager to assure private parties are properly staffed and organized for the evening.
- Check with kitchen to verify menu items are readily available.
- Keep in constant contact with the servers, manager, and the kitchen to ensure timing and food preparation is synchronized with guest flow.
- Greet guest leaving the restaurant to ensure guest had a pleasant dining experience. Check to see that everything was wonderful. Not only is the host or hostess the first impression the guest gets when they come to an establishment they are also the last.
- Check with every guest to notating any problem to quickly get a manager.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent experience.
Experience: Three - Six months in a food/beverage services environment or establishment.
Skills and Abilities: Must have vision ability to clearly see detailed guest checks, computer print outs, written instructions and to observe entire restaurant in dimly lit conditions. Must have manual coordination to punch buttons, grasp items in hand, and to balance and carry trays loaded with food and beverages. Able to read, speak and understand English. Able to lift, push, carry 20 - 40 lbs. Stand continuously for long periods of time.
Communicate information and hotel services to management, staff and guests. Tips Certification required.
Embassy Suites Tuscaloosa Alabama Downtown is situated at the corner of Greensboro and University Boulevard, adjacent to the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater. The hotel is several blocks from the U.S. Courthouse and City Hall and one mile from the University of Alabama. Business guests at this Downtown Tuscaloosa hotel will appreciate our proximity to many Fortune 500 companies and the Mercedes-Benz U.S. International Plant.
Feel at home in a spacious suite with complimentary Wi-Fi, a separate sitting area, an HDTV, a refrigerator and a microwave. Wake each morning to a free made-to-order breakfast and unwind with snacks and drinks at our complimentary Evening Reception. On our Premium Suite floors, we offer assorted beverages and snacks, a Keurig® coffeemaker and upgraded Wi-Fi capability.
Stay productive at this modern hotel in Tuscaloosa, AL in the 24-hour Embassy BusinessLink™ Business Center. Plan an event for up to 600 people with 7,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space, including an executive boardroom and divisible ballroom. Our creative catering services, dedicated staff and contemporary A/V technology will ensure the success of your meeting or event.
Please visit http://www.valorhospitality.com to learn more about our existing hotels, other exciting job opportunities and our company.