The Aircraft Modernization and Modification Flight Systems Capability team is seeking a talented and motivated leader for a Flight Engineering Manager(First Line) to join its team located in Oklahoma City, OK. The successful candidate will have a passion for leading change, and the overall growth and development of a rapidly expanding workforce.
The team's responsibility is to provide skilled Air Vehicle engineering support in the disciplines of Aircraft Aerodynamics (e.g. Aircraft Performance, Stability & Control, CFD, Wind Tunnel Testing, Flight Testing) to a diverse AM&M portfolio of products consisting of Bombers, Airborne Warning, Executive Transport and Tanker missions.
- Lead the Aerodynamics team in Oklahoma City, performing engineering and technical activities in the areas of Aircraft Performance, Stability and Control, Computation Fluid Dynamics (CFD), wind tunnel and flight testing
- Provide technical leadership, participating at a detailed technical level in the development of solutions for the most complex aerodynamics tasks
- Understand Propulsion processes and their interaction with the Aerodynamics team in order to provide oversight and integration of related activities
- Develop and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
- Manage, develop and motivate employees
- Develop and execute integrated departmental plans, policies and procedures and provide input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals, objectives
- Acquire resources for department activities and leads process improvements
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. secret clearance Post Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 3+ years of experience providing product development and technical support to other groups, suppliers and external customers throughout the product lifecycle
- 3+ years of experience working in a collaborative product development with suppliers and customers
- 8 or more years of engineering experience
- 1+ year of experience in leading or managing an engineering team
- 1+ year of experience working in a cross functional environment with all levels of the business from individual contributors to executive leadership
- Willingness to travel 10% of time
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Knowledge of aircraft stability and control and handling qualities
- Knowledge of aircraft performance code analysis and tool development
- Knowledge of wind tunnel and flight testing of aircraft
- Knowledge of ASC2, AWACS, ETS&S, and OKC Tanker Programs
- Knowledge of Propulsion analysis processes
- Experience integrating large aircraft systems and aircraft modification programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in leading organizational culture change in a Lean Product Development environment
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
- This position is for 1st shift
Posting ID: 574303336Posted: 2020-09-18