JOB TITLE:Adult Instructor
HOURS: 37.5 hrs./wk. (Monday - Friday 8am-4pm)
DEPARTMENT: Adult Day Services
STATUS: Non-Exempt / Full-Time
REPORTS TO: Site Manager
"I love the whole sense that everybody here has a common goal to change people's lives." - Jessica G. Occupational Therapist
The primary role of the Adult Instructor is to actively instruct in all program activities. The Adult Instructor is responsible for the development and implementation of program activities for specific instructional areas of the curriculum and is responsible for assisting with personal cares of all consumers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Assess client performance in specific skill areas and develop / implement written goals and objectives in these areas.
- Maintain timely, accurate and organized records of client daily progress and behavior and analyze data for performance outcomes.
- Maintain communication with site manager on regular basis regarding client issues or concerns.
- Provide appropriate assistance with personal cares for both male and female clients such as toileting, feeding, dressing, showering, transporting on and off the bus.
- Fully participate with clients in pool and assist in changing rooms.
- Coordinate supplemental activities in the adult program (i.e. guest speakers, music activities, community outings, large group activities, gardening, etc.).
- Participate in activity planning related to class goals.
- Integrate adaptations into class activities.
- Assist with onboarding of new Adult Program employees.
- Plan and implement community outings for specific instructional areas as directed.
- Attend consumer Individual Program Plan, committee, and staff meetings as required.
- Participate in program change and development.
- Attend ongoing in-service and continuing education training.
- Prepare to assume responsibilities as assigned by the Site Manager or Director of Adult Services.
- Adhere to the agency safety policies and procedures as communicated by the Safety Committee.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor or associate degree in human service related field (such as but not limited to therapeutic recreation, COTA, PTA, Social Work, Psychology, Human Development, or equivalent experience.
- Physical ability to lift and transfer adults (minimum of 25 pounds).
- Experience and/or training working with adults who have severe and multiple disabilities.
- Must have a positive attitude and strong degree of professionalism at all times.
- Must have the balance and coordination to assist consumers in ADL tasks.
- Must have the ability to verbally communicate to the consumers in the program.
- Successful completion of background check, iso-kinetic test, communicable disease screen and drug screen.
Posting ID: 570577102Posted: 2020-10-18