Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.Responsibilities
In the position of Computer Network & Hardware Engineer, the incumbent will support the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) in a once-in-a-generation digital transformation, driving change and devising how data can be integrated, controlled, distributed, and accessed by programs, business units and operators across the enterprise. Guidehouse is seeking experienced Computer Network and Hardware Engineers who can transform the physical infrastructure of NAVAIR into a modern, digitally-proficient organization. The individual will support the NAVAIR Digital Group in establishing and implementing new requirements and systems infrastructure to support the future of Naval Aviation. Position is located in Southern Maryland at Patuxent River.Qualifications
- Must have an Active Secret Clearance or above.
- Design and implement computer and information networks, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks.
- Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning. May also design network and computer security measures. '
- May research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software.
- Research, design, develop, or test computer or computer-related equipment for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use. May supervise the manufacturing and installation of computer or computer-related equipment and components. Administer, test, and implement computer databases, applying knowledge of database management systems. Coordinate changes to computer databases.
- May plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard computer databases.
- Install, test, troubleshoot, and evaluate existing network systems, such as local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system, data communications network, operating systems, and physical and virtual servers. Perform network maintenance to ensure networks operate correctly with minimal interruption.
- Install, configure, and maintain an organization's local area network (LAN), data communications network, operating systems, and physical and virtual servers.
- Perform System monitoring and verify the integrity and availability of hardware, network, and server resources and systems. Review System and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs, including system backups.
- Analyze network and server resource consumption and control user access. Install and upgrade software and maintain software licenses.
- May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
- Conduct research into fundamental computer and information science as theorists, designers, or inventors. Develops solutions to problems in the field of computer hardware and software.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming.
- Expertise with Linux/Red Hat environment, at least five (5) years;
- At least five (5) years of experience in Systems Administration;
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or a related field from an Accredited University. Security Clearance(required): An Associate's Degree plus 4 years additional relevant experience, or 6 years additional experience performing work related to the labor category functional description, may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Ability to obtain and maintain US DoD Secret Security clearance, throughout employment.
- 10+ years of experience in network design, configuration, verification, and troubleshooting and working vendors' network equipment, including Cisco -5+ years of experience with leading teams to address complex projects
- Ability to maintain US DoD Secret Security clearance, throughout employment.
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, EE, or CS -
- Experience with writing and briefing senior leaders -
- Experience with risk management -Experience with working as a team member of a CSfC certified integrator
- More than 10 years of experience performing work related to the labor category functional description.
- Secret level security clearance with SSBI.
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification
- Training certificate of completion or certification in one of the following: Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program