Job DescriptionJOB SNAPSHOT
Job Title: Security Officer
Location: Newark, CA
Environment: Biotech Company
Pay Rate: $19.10
General Job Functions: Access control, interior/exterior checks, maintain detailed reports, loss preventionShift & Hours: Multiple ShiftsIncluded Benefits/Perks: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid vacation & holidays, no uniform deposits/maintenance fees
Who is GardaWorld?
GardaWorld is the world's largest privately-owned security services company. We protect our clients' staff and assets, wherever they are in the world. We offer different schedules, diverse work assignments spanning multiple industries and career advancement opportunities. We encourage diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. GardaWorld Security Services is looking for Armed Security Officers to fulfill different assignments for our clients.
Job Responsibilities specific to this client site include, but are not limited to:
General Security responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a high visible deterrent to crime and positively influence the security incident rate as well as assist with inventory controls.
- Help mitigate security risks to provide a safer environment for employees and customers.
- Maintain situational awareness of activities in and around the check stand.
- Be aware of suspicious activities inside/outside the store with particular attention on excessive loitering, anyone soliciting or panhandling, large crowds, disturbances of the peace and vehicles blocking customer access to dispensers and parking spaces.
- Watch over high traffic areas of sales floor and make routine inspections of the store exterior, including dispenser and parking areas.
- Provide security over watch of employees who work outside.
- Provide excellent customer service to our clients
- Observe, survey, and report activities at the assigned site
- Respond quickly to critical situations
- Ability to read and write detailed reports
- Enforce client procedures, regulations, and standards
Qualifications specific to this client site include, but are not limited to:
General Qualifications to work in physical security at GardaWorld include:
- Exercise sound judgment and patience to deal with challenging interpersonal communication and conflict resolution situations with the desired end state of de-escalation over use of force.
- Appropriate licensure or certification to work Armed Security in the state of the job location is required
- At least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements
- Must have or obtain a valid CPR certification
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to be outdoors for extended periods of time
- Possess at least a high school education or equivalent (GED)
- Pass an extensive screening process including background check and pre employment drug screen
Posting ID: 599653073Posted: 2021-01-15