The Assistant Manager will assist the Store Manager with managerial duties in the day to day operation of their
Eagle Stop Store and fill in for the Store Manager on weekend shifts and in the Store Manager’s absence. This
will be completed by, but not limited to, the functions listed below.
Essential Job Functions
- Receive payments for products sold- whether by cash, check, voucher, or credit cards.
- Issue receipts to customers for products bought; make necessary refunds, credits, or change to customers.
- Aid customers by making available information on products and their benefits.
- Resolve customer complaints and bring them to the store manager for assistance when needed.
- Maintain interpersonal relationships with the public, especially customers.
- Ascertain the amount of cash in their cash drawer at the start of every shift.
- Greet customers as they enter the store and as they step out.
- Ensure the checkout area is always clean and in order.
- Stock shelves, coolers (soda and beer), side counters, and displays every shift.
- Assist customers in moving out their items purchased at the completion of transactions.
- Compute every transaction.
- Calculate the cash drawer in total and compare it with total product sales at the end of each shift.
- Keep store floor, merchandise areas, kitchen areas, and bathrooms always clean.
- Unloading and putting away truck deliveries.
- Balancing drawer with the company over/short policy.
- Follow local, state, and federal requirements in the sale of lotto, tobacco, and alcohol.
- Assist deli food preparation while following health department guidelines.
- Complete store bookkeeping duties as needed and required including but not limited to new hire paperwork, bank deposits, change orders, and cash safe management, payroll review and oversite, lottery tracking, submission of needed bookkeeping paperwork to home office bookkeeper, store opening and closing audits, cash drawer audits and car wash reporting.
- Become familiar with managerial duties and be able to perform these duties on weekends and in the
- absence of the Store Manager.
- Assist with coverage for weekend shifts and communicate needs to the Store Manager.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Good customer service and communication skills
- Base working knowledge of computers, emailing, and Excel spreadsheets
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Prior supervision or management experience preferred
- The ability to operate a cash register and work with numbers
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to pay attention to details
- The ability to operate a computer and other necessary IT equipment
- The ability to work in a variety of temperatures including coolers and hot/cold weather
- The ability to maintain confidential information
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gier Oil Co will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the
basis of their qualifications. Our practices and procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers,
promotions, terminations, and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and
all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government.
Posting ID: 557165763Posted: 2020-08-03