Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you're looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
The Ski and Snowboard School Support Team is responsible for many aspects of the day-to-day operations in our Ski and Snowboard School. Team members will be responsible for the image, appearance, and functionality of indoor facilities and outdoor teaching areas, including daily set up and tear down, lunch service, rental shop operations, and assistance with check-in and check-out procedures of child students. Team members will also spend time with small children performing indoor programming activities, assisting in ski school classes and helping to motivate children when necessary.
Responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
- Have an in-depth understanding of our rental shop processes, including how relevant paperwork is filled out and recorded, how equipment is checked in and out, how to fit and size guests for ski and snowboard equipment, repair and maintenance of rental fleet, and current with appropriate DIN Certification.
- Daily set up and tear down of outdoor teaching areas with an emphasis on attention to detail to present an area that is sharp, professional in appearance, and consistently set up to optimally utilize teaching terrain and teaching tools within the area.
- Daily set up and tear down of indoor facilities with an emphasis on attention to detail to present an area that is clean, orderly, welcoming, and conducive to operating efficiently.
- Understanding of and compliance with relevant food handling safety code.
- Understanding of and compliance with relevant health code for facility cleanliness including common areas, toys, equipment, etc…
- Ability to keep and maintain a clean and orderly facility that accommodates daily high-volume guest flow.
- Working with small children to facilitate appropriate games and activities in both indoor and outdoor settings.
- Assist with ski school classes and discovery guide as necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience in a fast paced, service-based environment
- Fluent in all aspects of English language
- Ability to work outdoors in a high alpine environment for extended periods
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Strong communication skills with a wide variety of guests and employees
- Pass background check
- Spanish language skills
- Intermediate to advanced skier/snowboarder
- Willing to complete a modified basic training for ski/snowboard pros
- Current DIN Certification, completion of internal trainings including food safety handling, hand tool training, and child development training
Employee Perqs and Discounts!
- Free EPIC Pass to all of our resorts
- Discounted dependent ski passes
- Free ski lessons
- Discounted lodging at our properties starting at $85/night
- Food and beverage discounts at mountain dining locations
- Retail discounts at Vail Resorts Retail stores
- 10-25% off at our Starbucks locations
- Unique events - Including concerts, employee meals, employee activities, pro competitions
We're looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 237847
Posting ID: 573815351Posted: 2020-10-01