Providence is calling an Admissions Representative (Admin Reserve, Variables, 0.5 FTE) to Providence Valdez Medical Center in Valdez, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable. In this position you will:
Qualifications :Required qualifications for this position include:
- Accurately interview and retrieve specific information from the patient, family, physician or other representative in a sensitive, respectful, and confidential manner. Identify potential candidates and assist customer to research and obtain additional financial information or documentation when necessary.
- Accurately enter data into the hospital computer information system. Understand registration and medical terminology. Operate and troubleshoot various hospital office equipment. Integrate physician orders with patient placement criteria to make appropriate criteria choices. Proficient in the use of telephone switchboard.
- Accurately complete documentation for the registration process including obtaining signatures and other related paper work. Assure that complete and accurate data is collected for each registration, and distributed according to department procedure. Complete process according to Medical Center policy and other regulatory procedures. Process patient payments.
- Work with other team members to provide a smooth efficient department operation allowing for maximum comfort and confidentiality for the customer. Verify and obtain benefits authorizations. Anticipate and prioritize workflow and adjusts work assignments to prevent delays. Act as an expert resource in the registration process. Assist with problem resolution.
- Lead team to achieve a wide range of department specific duties and activities to maintain maximum productivity. Is self-directed and displays initiative to maintain personal productivity.
- Actively participate in Quality Improvement program by identifying opportunities, and recommending solutions. Maintain knowledge of regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible to obtain the necessary knowledge and experience to perform job tasks in compliance with federal, State and local laws, regulations and guidelines. Screen all Medicare patients for medical necessity as required by Medicare billing guidelines and completes ABN's as required and Medicare Messages for inpatients admissions. Obtain and verify picture ID to ensure patient/guarantor identity.
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Training or experience in a clerical setting
About the Providence Valdez Medical Center
- Previous mental health or medical office experience
Providence Valdez Medical Center is a 21 bed Critical Access Hospital and we employ about 100 people (87 FTE's). Of those 21 beds, 10 are licensed Long Term Care beds and 11 are Acute/Swing Beds. We have four physicians on our active medical staff who practice out of the Valdez Medical Clinic. Our average daily census is three-four inpatients and 20-30 outpatients. Our facility contains an emergency room, labor room, postpartum, nursery, cardiac room, orthopedic, and med/surg rooms. We also have an operating room for emergency surgeries and elective procedures, C-sections, hernias and appendectomies. All our beds are licensed for "swing bed" status of which 1-3 are usually occupied.
Posting ID: 555544484Posted: 2020-08-24