Speech-Language Pathologist - SLP
Location: Lawrenceville, VA
- Speech pathologists diagnose and treat individuals who suffer from stutters, as well as vocal and cognitive-communication impairments. They also help those whose speech is affected by emotional issues, various learning disabilities and physical impairments, such as a cleft palate. To accomplish these tasks, speech pathologists conduct specialized testing and provide therapy designed for individual clients' needs. They often work closely with physicians, psychologists and teachers to carefully monitor patients' progress.
- Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences, and other related meetings.
- Supervises of Clinical Fellows (CFYs), temporary licensees, students, and support personnel in accordance with state licensure requirements and professional standards, as appropriate.
- Facilitates identification of hearing deficits and appropriately refers to assessment, diagnosis, rehabilitation and/or personal amplification.
- Puts Patient Service first, ensuring that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individual's needs and rights.
- Be licensed, certified or credentialed, as required in the state of practice.
- Minimum 6 months of experience.
- Rehab Optima Experience Preferred.
Posting ID: 577289780Posted: 2020-10-18