We at Crate and Barrel want to ensure we help our customers, love, how they live, in the moments that matter. At our Distribution Centers, we begin to instill that feeling with every package we carefully pick, pack, and ship to our customers homes and into our award-winning stores. Our assortment includes more than 13,000 SKU's between each of our 3 brands; Crate and Barrel, CB2, and Crate and Kids. We are curious and ask ourselves is there a better way to do this? As part of the team here, you'll ensure every product we sell online or in-stores is delivered on-time and with quality, ensuring our customers are amazed and delighted with their selection.
- Verifies merchandise being received or shipped against manifest.
- Tallies shipments, records overages, shortages and damages.
- Confirms product with RF scanners.
- Communicates any problems with merchandise being put away, picked or being delivered.
- Able to read computer generated tickets, manual move tickets and computer reports for proper movement of merchandise.
- Interfaces with the shipping / receiving office on inbound and outbound deliveries.
- Assists in generating putaway /picking /shipping labels.
- Removes merchandising packaging and makes sure all products being received and shipped are inspected for quality.
- Assists on dock as needed.
- Cleans up and disposes boxes, packing material, and pallets, as well as general housekeeping of facility and specific product line areas.
- Follows and adheres to all safety rules.
- Performs all job tasks assigned by the leadership staff to achieve and maintain daily productivity and quality goals.
- Rotates through different departments, as necessary, to meet the demands of the business.
- Possess a complete understanding of training and communication resources relevant to the position.
- Participates in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems applicable to the position.
- Maintains an awareness of loss prevention, security and safety following the guidelines as outlined in the Company Code of Conduct and Associate Policy manuals.
- Distribution Center experience; shipping and forklift experience preferred
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Excellent reading, written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Math aptitude in basic calculation
- Data entry skills, accuracy in work performance
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to move and/or lift up to 65lbs, heavier product with team assist
- Strong understanding of importance of safety and housekeeping responsibilities
- Familiarity with product
- Bilingual a plus
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
Posting ID: 574638206Posted: 2020-09-21