Johns Manville is currently seeking a Physical Distribution Manager for our Milan, OH plant. This position exists to oversee, manage and maintain overall distribution activity including production planning scheduling, inventory control, customer service, Information Technology, warehousing and transportation for a single manufacturing facility with multiple lines markets. The Physical Distribution Manager is responsible for order entry, import export shipping and receiving, inventory management, sales of waste and off quality materials, warehousing activities and monthly and quarterly distribution reporting.
Your Day to Day:
* Ensure effective and efficient production planning scheduling and inventory management; conduct analyses of inventory levels and coordinate with production and sales forecasts
* Maintain inventory levels that are optimum in support of on time deliveries to meet customer requirements while minimizing carrying costs and transportation penalties
* Work closely with inside Sales and Marketing and divisional SIOP team to develop accurate forecasts
* Coordinate scheduling and adjusting production plans as required
* Oversee inventories to ensure obsolete and phased out materials are used or disposed of in the most safe and economical way.
* Guarantee customer satisfaction by delivering the correct product at the right time and right price
* Provide leadership and supervision to a self-directed warehouse team
* Manage internal external warehouse operating procedures, space utilization, maintenance and protection of facilities and equipment and inbound outbound logistical operations
* Prepare required monthly and quarterly distribution reporting
* Work partner with Plant Leadership Team to achieve business goals
* Supervise Information Technology Coordinator to ensure reliable and secure systems
* Manage and control total budgeted spending in the production distribution and customer service areas
* Ensure Plant safety compliance and championing safe work practices
What You Bring to the Team:
* Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline with a minimum of 3 years work experience in warehouse management and supervisory experience
* Customer Service experience desirable
* Expert knowledge of warehouse inventory management
* Working knowledge of SAP or ERP systems Solid
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook Solid
* Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills Solid
* Strong analytical and problem resolution skills Solid
* Solid leadership skills
* Basic Information Technology systems knowledge
* Ability to interface at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally Solid
* Manages a staff of 3 hourly salary employees, sets direction and deploys resources. Responsible for performance evaluations, pay reviews, hiring and terminating.
* Moderate travel required 11 to 29 days per year
* Work environment is typical of an office setting. When in the plant warehouse, may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust mist gas fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
* May be required to lift, carry, push or pull up to and including 25 pounds
* Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Applicants can expect to make between $84,000 to $116,000 upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition this position is eligible for a target incentive bonus under our variable incentive plan.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled