Job ID: 252781
Safety, Integrity, Quality are the foundation or core values on which Tilcon New York Inc., a CRH company operates. Located in New York and New Jersey, Tilcon New York Inc. is an integrated materials company with multiple quarry locations, water terminals, heavy highway construction division, asphalt and recycle plants. Tilcon manufactures sells and ships, made in the USA, products of crushed stone, asphalt, sand, gravel and recycled materials throughout New York, New Jersey, and some areas of Pennsylvania. Growth opportunity, professional development and a culture of support and resources are provided to each employee for their personal growth and success within Tilcon New York Inc., and CRH. Position Overview
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of plant processing equipment
Roles and Responsibilities(Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform routine maintenance in a safe and timely manner to maximize plant productivity.
- Perform workplace inspection.
- Perform housekeeping as deemed appropriate by supervisor.
- Check and maintain conveyor belts, scrapers, skirt boards, idlers, pulleys, guards and bearings.
- Check and maintain oil levels in gearboxes, crushers, and screen.
- Make sure that all guards, grease lines, etc. are put back in place and secured upon completion of a task.
- Perform cutting and welding tasks to repair plant processing equipment. This also involves lifting, placing, and fitting replacement steel and parts as required to complete the task.
- Complete all clean up related to task before task is considered finished.
- May operate heavy equipment if needed.
- May be called upon at discretion of the Supervisor to perform any other duties assigned and/or to assist other departments if necessary.
- Wear a hardhat, safety glasses, steel-toed footwear, gloves, hearing protection and respirator as needed.
- Regular and timely attendance is required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Advanced mechanical skills needed.
- Cutting and welding skill required.
- Must have knowledge of production equipment used in the operation.
- Ability to carry out simple oral and written instructions
- Able to perform all duties without a direct threat of injury to the individual or others.
- Demonstrates safe, productive job performance
- Ability to communicate effectively with and work well with other personnel
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to read English or Spanish
- Basic mathematical skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ContinuousFrequentlyOccasionally
- Fine motor
- Repetitive motion
This position requires an employee to lift: Frequently
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Continuous
- Exposed to noise
- Moving equipment
- Working with others
- Cold Weather
- Wet weather
- Exposed to noise
- Exposed high heat
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Safety, Integrity, Quality
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americashas a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Tilcon New York Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on thislink.
Date Posted:Jan 14, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
New JerseyJob Segment:
Maintenance, Welding, Manufacturing