VP Supply Corp is one of the nation's largest distributors of plumbing, HVAC, and electrical supplies. We have over 350 employees with 16 locations across Western New York and Pennsylvania. For over 50 years, we have proudly served residential customers as well as contractors and municipalities across a variety of industries.
Our Warehouse department is seeking to hire a Warehouse Associate with at least 1 year of warehouse and delivery experience to join our Vestal branch.
As an essential business, our warehouse team is staying busy to meet the growing demands of our customers. We are looking for hard-working team members to maintain our daily warehouse operations.
We are looking for high performers who are forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic, and ambitious team players. Qualified candidates will be motivated self-starters with superb judgment and communication skills, a commitment to excellence and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Inspect product deliveries for damages and ascertain product is within specification of internal Purchase Order.
- Ensure accuracy of quantities delivered.
- Reconcile discrepancies with shipment and internal Purchase order. Take corrective action, as deemed necessary.
- Ensure product is safely stored to prevent internal damage and properly located for order pulls, physical counts, and inventory control.
- Pull customer orders and ascertain accuracy that product pulled is aligned with customer specifications.
- Ensure product is loaded onto trucks and that it is safe from potential damage while in transit.
- Review and analyze inventory levels to maintain compliance with established stocking min/max requirements.
- Lift and handle products such as cabinets, boilers, water heaters, and furnaces within the warehouse, as well as unloading transfer trucks.
- Maintain working knowledge of warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures.
- Enforce warehouse receiving policies with suppliers.
- Assist delivery team with local deliveries, as needed.
- At least 1 year of shipping, receiving, order selection, packing and/or stocking of products is required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Willing and able to operate material handling equipment, including forklifts.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple issues at the same time, without stress.
- Must be able to undergo a motor vehicle and background check and meet company standards.
- Must have reliable daily transportation to branch location.
- Forklift training preferred, but not required. We provide internal training for all warehouse employees.
- Product knowledge with plumbing, HVAC, and electrical material highly desired.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- This job operates in a high traffic warehouse that is exposed to outdoor weather conditions. This position requires the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time as well as the ability to lift 50 75 pounds. While mainly standard hours are scheduled for this position, flexibility is required to be able to ensure all orders and job duties are completed by end of shift.
Posting ID: 607851535Posted: 2021-02-25