Online Associate Program Director, Electronic Engineering Technology
Requisition ID 2020-5055
# of Openings 1
Employment Status Full Time
Posted Date 5 months ago (3/19/2020 2:21 PM)
Job Family Faculty
Company ECPI University
Country United States
****THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION****
ECPI University is seeking a leader in Electronics Engineering Technology (EET) to assist the Online EET Program Director in managing the EET Programs. This will include instruction, curriculum, student success, enforcement of policies and procedures, along with accreditation standards in order to maintain quality education which meets state and federal requirements and ECPI University guidelines.
- Teaches Online Classes.
- Creates and maintains an environment conducive to online learning; employs instructional technology and active learning approaches in order to enhance the online learning experience.
- Oversees the academic progression and graduation of students.
- Participates in the academic advisement and counseling of students.
- Provides opportunities for student and graduate evaluation of curriculum, teaching and program effectiveness.
- Identifies opportunities for student participation in professional organizations including student competitions.
- Coordinate the Online WIT (Women in Technology) series provided for students, in conjunction with the CIS Program Academic Support Specialist Team.
- Participates in student retention efforts and planning.
- Assists the EET Online Program Director in the following duties
- Evaluates program performance using a variety of assessments and techniques.
- Maintains and submits accurate program records according to established deadlines.
- Assists in the development, implementation, evaluation and revision of online program curricula, text books and course content in accordance with program standards, institutional needs and changing needs of employers.
- Collaborates with colleagues in Admissions, Student and Financial Services to facilitate optimal distribution of program information
- Actively engages in social media efforts, conference participation, and outreach to the academic and professional communities (including virtual interaction with advisory boards, LinkedIn and other experts)
- Assists the Online EET Program Director
- Recruits, hires, on-boards, and evaluates faculty.
- Reviews faculty end-of-course evaluations.
- Attends regular faculty meetings
- Supports the Program Academic Support Specialist Team
- Stays current in subject matter through professional development.
- Assists the EET Online Program Director with ongoing professional development; ensures program faculty remain current in the LMS, technology, certifications, trends, issues and practices in the field, as well as effective teaching strategies and assessment methods.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field from a regionally accredited educational institution; Ph.D. preferred.
- Professional Engineering License (PE) is highly desirable.
- 3-5 years industry experience preferred.
- 2 years online teaching experience required.
- 2 years online curriculum development required.
- Technical skills -Experience with PLC programming, Microcontrollers, Matlab, Multisim, CodeWarrior, Assembly, C/C++and Labview
- Proven ability to build and motivate a remote team to achieve well communicated expectations, consistently pushes self and others for results
- Strong academic and professional record.
- Experience in a student-centric and hands-on learning environment.
- The highest levels of integrity at all times.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with orientation toward results.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- LMS experience required, Canvas Learning management system highly desirable
- Requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate student and department needs.
ECPI University, with campuses in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative delivery of education to meet the needs of military and new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master's, Bachelor's, and Associate's degrees, and certification training in Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on, student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making a difference in people's lives.
What does ECPI University have to offer?
• A focus on students and academic excellence
• Small class sizes
• Professional work environment
• Talented and committed co-workers
• An adult-focused accelerated schedule
• An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge, skills and professional network
• Competitive compensation & benefits plan
ECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Posting ID: 566856090Posted: 2020-08-09