PrideStaff has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Mechanic in Vista, CA
Performs all maintenance functions of production equipment in the assigned area. Work includes routine inspection and repair or replacement of defective or faulty parts on machines and related equipment. All work to be performed in such a matter to ensure good workmanship with minimum delay. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Review logs, machine operator reports, and work orders at the beginning of each shift to keep abreast of production and maintenance activity in assigned area.
- Work with production on a daily basis to coordinate appropriate course of action to maximize uptime and quality performance of respective area.
- Able to operate machinery for purposes of training, troubleshooting, or as needed to support production activities.
- Able to initiate and complete documented troubleshooting studies on equipment to outline opportunities for improvements.
- Document clear problem descriptions, symptom, root cause and solutions
- Identify trends, cycles, and intervals.
- Exhibit elements of reasoning concepts and analytical thinking.
- Understand, troubleshoot, and repair:
- Packaging Equipment
- Power Supplies
- Must have ability to read and understand electrical schematics:
- Pressure and Flow Controls
- Pumps, etc.
- Must have ability to read and understand hydraulic/pneumatic schematics:
- Mechanical Technology
- Drive Systems
- Linear Motion
- Use shop equipment to repair or modify parts and equipment (Drill Press, Lathe, and Mill).
- Must have ability to read and understand mechanical and assembly drawings:
- Process Control Technology
- Pressure Transducers/Switches
- Must have the ability to analyze, investigate and help solve technical issues involving the equipment.
- Must be flexible to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work with very minimum supervision.
- Must be self-oriented and proactive.
- Must have a good attitude regarding safety and lock out procedures.
- Good understanding of GMP's with experience in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Bilingual skills in English and Spanish both oral and written are preferred, but not required
Required knowledge and skills:
- Minimum: High School Graduate with experience commensurate with job requirements
- Forklift certified (sitting and standing type)
Compensation / Pay Rate (Up to): $18.00 to $20.00 an hour
Posting ID: 556073942Posted: 2020-09-19