3rd shift Expansion Operator opportunity in the San Marcos area. This is a direct opportunity with someone with a background working on expansion/ extrusion machines in plastics.
Hours: 11: 00pm 7: 00am, 40 hours per week with overtime.QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be able to read and comprehend specific Shop Order requirements. Basic math skills are required to determine inside diameter, wall thickness and length of product to meet customer requirements. Must be mechanically inclined in order to understand how an expansion machine operates and flexible to react to manufacturing variables which might arise. This individual must be mechanically oriented and creative, while being disciplined enough to follow a fixed process . This operator may be required to bend, twist and lift 50 to 75 pounds while performing his/her duties.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide quality expanded materials by setting up and operating an expansion machine following documented instructions. These include Work Instructions, Work Orders, Shop Orders, Engineering Work Orders and any other specific instructions as assigned by management, supervisors or lead operators to best meet requirements of the customer.
- Must be able to recognize and remedy basic problems in the operation of an expansion process. Continually monitor performance of equipment. Recognize and solve problems by being instantly alert for diameter changes, color changes, surface discrepancies or other variables involved in expansion of tubing.
- Meet manufacturing, quality, internal and external standards, and specifications while conserving material whenever possible.
- Maintain safe and orderly work area by following the Safety Policies and Procedures Manual and housekeeping standards of SEIP. Notify supervisor of any unusual machine conditions or safety concerns.
- Maintain and store tooling by keeping dies and inspection tools clean and within prescribed plant engineering tolerances. Report to supervisor any worn or missing tooling.
- Assist in basic preventive maintenance of assigned machine or machines as directed by Supervisor, Engineering or Maintenance.
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Must be able to read and comprehend specific Work Order requirements
- Must be mechanically inclined in order to understand how an expansion machine operates
- Must be able to follow a fixed process
- Must have troubleshooting skills or experience in adjusting production process parameters to achieve quality conformance of the product
- Must be flexible to react to manufacturing variables which might arise
- Basic math skills are required to determine inside diameter, wall thickness and length of product to meet customer requirements
- Physical requirements to perform the job duties are included, but not limited to bending, twisting and lifting up to 40 lbs.
Posting ID: 593992889Posted: 2021-01-15