Geeks on Site is a South Florida based company with a team dedicated to providing premium quality computer repair and IT support services to homes and businesses nationwide. We are one of the fastest-growing companies in the computer repair/IT industry. We are currently looking for talented technicians who are able to provide great technical support, have top-tier managerial skills, and can assist with the development of our growing business.
We are currently hiring Computer Field Technicians to service our residential and small business customers.
This is a 1099 independent contractor position. Tech contractors are responsible for having their own tools and vehicle (including vehicle maintenance). We will cover expenses for gas in excess of 30 miles, and other site-related expenses. Technicians are compensated for time-on-site $30 to $35/hour for time spent at client sites; 1-hour minimum/job. Commissions and over mileage expenses paid in addition.
• Minimum 2 years experience providing technical support
• Office suite; Word, Excel, & Outlook
• Outlook & Outlook Express email configuration
• In-depth knowledge of Windows OS
• PC imaging and configuration
• TCP/IP, Routers, WAPs, Wireless, and other networking devices
• Spyware / adware removal tools / antivirus programs
• Savvy with search engine techniques
• Tech must be comfortable with all facets of PC, laptop hardware, setup, and maintenance; including
installation and configuration of hard drives, NIC's, printers, and other PC accessories.
• Experience with Mac is preferred, but not required
• Apply the skills described above to resolve clients’ issues
• Troubleshoot software, hardware, network issues & peripherals
• Re-installation of OS
• Removal of viruses/malware
• Software upgrades and installation
• PC Imaging and configuration
• Helping end-users understand software
• Call clients’ vendors for warranty and troubleshooting issues --
Technicians are compensated for time-on-site $30 to $35/hour for time spent at client sites; 1-hour minimum/job. Commissions and over mileage expenses paid in addition.