Who We Are
Since 1966, our Peetniks have journeyed in the pursuit of better - a better blend, a better cup of coffee, a better experience for our customers. Our goal has been to offer the best coffees in the world, without compromise. Collectively, we foster a culture based on authenticity that inspires people to unleash their unique, personal passions and expertise toward achieving our vision and mission. Our Caf Peetniks are passionate about our customers, our coffee and our culture. It takes talent and dedication from hundreds of Peetniks to make a single cup of Peet's coffee. Join us! Role Overview
The Caf Shift Lead is an essential part of a unique partnership, with Capital One Financial Services where our full Peet's experience will be offered within a Capital One retail location. S/he will work in partnership with both the Peet's and Capital One Staff within specified locations.
The Cafe Shift Lead is a store team member reporting to the Caf Manager and performing to Peet's Mission by executing the Serve and Manage tenets of the Retail Operating Philosophy (ROP). The Caf Shift Lead is responsible for service excellence and store operations, with a primary focus on the Manage tenet of the ROP. The Shift Lead is responsible for inventory control, promotion execution and visual merchandising, store opening, closing and daily operations, equipment maintenance as well as directing store teams to complete tasks and provide superior customer service. The Caf Shift lead is also responsible for building sales and ongoing relationships with the Capital One team, working in partnership with Capital One management and support team within the shared space.
What You Will Do Serve
- Model customer engagement by providing personalized superior customer service.
- Demonstrate pride of the store by completing cleaning, stocking, and organizing tasks. When acting as the Service Leader, assign and ensure completion of cleaning tasks for each service role as well as weekly cleaning and organization tasks.
- Prepare and serve handcrafted bar drinks and brew and serve coffee and tea. When acting as the Service Leader, provide consistent feedback to team members on bar drink quality and presentation and ensure all coffee and tea are fresh and properly rotated.
- When acting as the Service Leader, deploy service roles in response to changing service needs and according to deployment principles and oversee break schedule.
- Model effective, appropriate communication with customers and coworkers and use to de-escalate and resolve conflict.
- Models professional and appropriate communication to all levels of the Capital One team, on an ongoing basis.
- Connects with Capital One Management team in the absence of the of the Caf manager, including, shift coverage, customer issues, facilities issues, etc
- Execute quality store openings and closings, following all necessary procedures, including adherence to safety and security guidelines. Works in partnership with the Capital One teams to support opening/closing procedures, etc.
- Act as Cash Controller, ensuring the accuracy, completion, and reconciliation of all financial transactions and operate point-of-sale terminals according to the Cash Handling Guidelines.
- Troubleshoot common store equipment problems and initiate service and repair requests, as necessary and within a timely manner, communicate any facilities issue to Capital One Management team
- Perform inventory control tasks, including receiving, counting, and ordering product to ensure enough stock is on hand to meet customer demands and to control costs and waste.
- Contribute to building sales by effectively executing marketing promotions and visual merchandising as well as by understanding customers' hardware needs and suggesting products to meet those needs.
- Communicate essential information to management team in a clear and timely manner.
- Role Model Peet's behaviors at all times, ensuring clear communication with Capital One teams, building repore with all levels of team, and working in partnership both in front of caf and in back of cafes with Capital One teams.
* This job description captures the position's essential responsibilities. It is not intended to record all duties and expectations of the position as may be communicated and assigned by the Store Manager, as necessary.
Who You Are
- Minimum one year of retail supervisory experience and/or related experience and training.
- Cash handling experience and attention to detail.
- Dedicated to exceeding the expectations of customers.
- Excellent attendance and reliability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management and delegation skills.
- Ability to effectively problem solve, using sound judgment.
- Ability to interface with different levels of management in a shared retail space
- Demonstrated ability to act in professional manner at all times
- Demonstrated passion for quality.
- Ability to readily adapt to change.
- Open to feedback and committed to continuous improvement.
- Ability to embrace new information and learn quickly.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.
The Shift Lead role is an hourly position, offering a competitive compensation package commensurate with the level of responsibilities described above. The role receives an employee discount privilege and qualifies for benefits if eligibility requirements are met and maintained.
Posting ID: 549123132Posted: 2020-07-31