***The worksite for this posting is in Livonia, MI***
Synergy Health Partners is looking for a full-time Medical Assistant to work in our Livonia clinic. This role supports a large private-practice multi-provider clinic
Summary of Position: Under limited supervision the Medical Assistant performs a variety of clerical and/or clinical functions associated with patient care, EMR maintenance, and other organizational functions
- Prepares exam rooms for daily clinics. Checks that room is clean, supplied, equipment in place.
- Reviews patient’s chart for testing results, reviews dictation and orders x-rays if needed.
- Greets patients in the exam room, documents chief complaint, verifies that x-rays are on the computer screen for physician’s review.
- Prepares patient for examination and procedures assisting physician as needed. Completes MIPS requirements.
- Monitors BP and Pulse Ox as needed, for procedures, records in EMR. Cleans exam room, sterilizes equipment, and prepares room for next patient.
- Prepares injections for physician, according to approved procedures and physician instructions.
- Removes staples, stitches, dresses wounds following the physician guidelines.
- Performs venipunctures.
- Collects and packages specimens for lab processing. Prepares the patient and ultrasound machine for the physician.
- Removes/applies casting, braces, and dressings as directed by physician.
- Directs patients, answering questions as needed
- Maintains clean, safely equipped, and adequately supplied examining rooms.
- Inventories clinical supplies and places supply orders to maintain desired inventory levels.
- Complies with CLIA, OSHA, JCAHO and other regulatory agency standards. Participates in in-service programs as needed
- Medical Assistant certification or the ability to obtain such certification within three months from start date (failure to do so will result in termination for cause)
- Graduated from Medical Assistant program or other equivalent training
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Phlebotomy training and experience
- At least six (6) months of experience working as a Medical Assistant in a private practice clinical setting
- Orthoplex experience
- Experience working in multiprovider environment
Compensation: Competitive pay based on the prevailing rate for the area supplemented by experience and other qualifying factors.
Synergy Health Partners is a healthcare management organization at the forefront of patient care. We work with our physicians, nurses, and other clinical staff to maintain the highest quality of care centered on patient-focused outcomes. With respect for the person and their health as the driving mindset behind our practice, we aim to provide cutting-edge compassionate treatment to each and every one of our patients. We partner with healthcare practices large and small and use over forty years of experience in medicine in the Metro Detroit area to ensure peace of mind to all of those in our care.
Synergy Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Posting ID: 593848339Posted: 2021-03-07