We're the College Internship Program (CIP), and we've been helping young adults on the autism spectrum and with learning differences find success in college, employment, and independent living in our centers across the US since 1984. CIP's programs are specially designed to help young adults make successful transitions from adolescence to young adulthood. Our vision is to challenge the norms of what people with learning differences can achieve.
The Head Student Advisor works with advisors to ensure students are on track to accomplish their goals. The Head Student Advisor acts as the communication bridge between advisors, CIP administration, and families. The Head Student Advisor is expected to manage their team of advisors in a positive, directed, and structured manner to ensure that students are receiving services required.
- Reinforce student’s path on the continuum of growth from self-awareness through self-determination
- Monitor student progress through goal achievement
- Apprise families, external professionals and CIP staff of student progress
- Promote and encourage student engagement by utilizing Advising Processes and Tools
- Coordinate with CIP team to determine appropriate supports that assist students in a way unique to their needs
- Oversee student’s personal Centered Plan (PCP) to assist advisors in establishing short and long-term goals and secure input from the student, family, and staff
- Ensure advisors are communicating twice a month with the student’s family regarding progress made, activities attended, schedule changes, internship updates and possibilities, and any other information which pertains to the student’s program plan.
- Maintain records of student and advisor family communications in our electronic system
- Ensure all information from other departments is communicated to advisors and parents properly
- Communicate with applicable Educational Consultants as per the guidelines
- Responsible for coordinating advisor/student family meetings
- Assist advisors with coaching students on banking, money management, and budgeting
- Assist advisors in coaching students with setting up any necessary outside appointments
- Oversee team review meetings in order to receive an update on all areas of the student’s academic progress
- Oversee attendance tracking document to ensure students are attending all modules and or assist the advisor in holding attendance meetings and developing action plans
- Ensure advisors are performing weekly assessments on students to determine their weekly status
- Supervise advising team; ensure tasks are completed accurately and timely and perform annual evaluations on reporting staff
- Assist advisors in coaching their students on medication management
- Host weekly advisor team meetings; fill out temp read reports, escalation reports, and address agenda items.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Psychology, Social Work, Education, or a related field
- Proficient with office utility computer software programs and a quick learner in new technologies
Preferred Education / Experience
- Experience in the field of autism and/or learning disabilities
- Special education and/or advising background, particularly at the higher education level
Minimal travel outside of local area
Posting ID: 597437151Posted: 2021-01-07