US Tech Solutions is seeking a "Ultrasound Technologist" for a 5+ months contract position with a client in Oakland, CA
Job Poster: Garima Dubey
Minimum Degree Required: Associate's Degree (Community College, MBO)
Interview Notes: Short hour - 16 hours/week rotating shifts
Certifications & Licenses:
ARDMS (American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography)
Graduate of AMA-approved School of Diagnostic Radiologic Technology Evidence of continuing education in the Science of Radiologic Technology.
Or successful completion of formal Sonography training within the last year.
License/Registration: ARDMS certification required. Hold certification in abdomen CPR certified.
Skills/Activities: Excellent interpersonal skills. Effective verbal and written skills. CQI Team experience. Basic proficiency with computer system.
Physical: In good physical condition to meet the demands of an active position including extensive walking; moderate sitting, walking, standing, stooping, or lifting. Must be able to push Uttrasound units to emergency rooms and inpatient rooms to perform exams.
Duties: Under the direction of the Radiologist, the Ultrasound Technologist demonstrates competency in performing all ultrasound exams, ensuring proficiency in producing technical and diagnostic scans for interpretation. Positions patient and equipment and produce an appropriate recording. The Ultrasound Technician is responsible for processing and transmission of Images to PACS. Performs a variety of technical procedures with a high degree of technical aptitude with knowledge of anatomy and physiology in ultrasonography. Has the ability to improvise nonstandard techniques when necessary with independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiated in the application of ultrasonic waves to humans for diagnosis of disease. Will be responsible for assessing, treating, or caring for patients from all age categories and demonstrates age-specific competency. Performs any other duties as assigned.
1. Works effectively with other staff to maintain an environment of excellence, which is patient focused, providing timely, compassionate, quality patient care.
2. Performs duties in accordance with the pediatric population specific guidelines and adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in policy and procedures.
3. Demonstrates knowledge of clinical procedures, equipment and policies - Hospital and Department - that are necessary for job performance.
4. Operates equipment safely and maintains standards while performing all types of procedures.
5. Establishes and maintains a good rapport and professional relationship with fellow employees, other departments and medical staff.
6. Collaborates with department leadership to develop and implement methods to achieve established goals and objectives.
7. Performs all Ultrasound examinations.
8. Compensates technique for optimizing data
9. Discerns the correct examination to be performed by a combination of examinations ordered clinical history, and patient condition.
10. Maintains order and cleanliness in work areas.
11. Evaluates images for technical quality.
12. Positions and transfers patients in a comfortable and safe manner.
13. Acquires specific diagnostic data from studies performed.
14. Must be flexible for department work schedule.
15. Maintains quality-control standards and techniques.
16. Maintains and calibrates equipment and directs repairs.
17. Checks equipment, supplies, and accessories on a regular basis and stocks rooms when appropriate.
18. Practices sterile techniques to prevent cross contamination.
19. Maintains records of examination data and other pertinent information on patients.
20. Keeps current on computer skills and is able to enter patient information to complete exams.
21. Prepares the patient, explains the procedure, and ensures patient cooperation during the examination, collects any forms that are pertinent to the procedure.
22. Participates in the quality-improvement program within the department.
23. Uses a variety of patient supporting and immobilization equipment for patient comfort and safety
24. Understands, supports, promotes, and adheres to the Customer-Service philosophy and standards of UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Effective verbal and written skills.
CQI Team experience.
Basic proficiency with computer system.
About US Tech Solutions:
Your talent, our opportunities - This is the premise behind US Tech Solutions.
You have the skill we have the opportunity. As a team, we work passionately for you to get the right career opportunity across industry verticals and functions. For past sixteen years, leading Global
Companies and Fortune 500 come to us to get the right talent. Whether you want to work as full-time, contractor or part-time, technical or non-technical our talent consultants will connect with the right career opportunity globally.
Connect with our talent team today.
USTECH was founded in 2000 by Manoj Agarwal. Today, we are a global firm offering talent solutions to 150 customers including 20% of Fortune 500 across Financial Services, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Aerospace, Energy, Retail, Telecom, Technology, Manufacturing, and Engineering. We are headquartered in New Jersey with 40 global locations across the USA, Canada, Europe, and India. Deloitte has recognized USTECH as one of the fastest growing private businesses for the past five consecutive years and INC 500 for the past three. We have also been rated "The Top Business in the US" by Diversity Business since 2011. To learn more about how US Tech Solutions visit our website: www.ustechsolutions.com.
"US Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer" and "US Citizens & all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply."
Apply: Interested candidates are requested to send their resume to Garima at firstname.lastname@example.org