Job Description of Custodian:
The Custodian will provide routine and regular cleaning, custodial work, and light maintenance of assigned county buildings.
Duties and Responsibilities of Custodian:
- Ability to learn and perform the requirements to complete the custodial work and maintenance work
- Performs general custodial work, including cleaning and sanitizing restroom facilities and fixtures, sweeping, vacuuming, moping, waxing, stripping, and polishing floors and carpets, dusting and polishing furniture, woodwork, fixtures, and equipment, washing windows, mirrors, and walls and cleaning furniture and counter tops; empties, cleans, and sanitizes waste and recycle bins.
- Clean sidewalks and perform grounds maintenance duties such as mowing, plant pruning and watering.
- Assist with the removal of snow and ice from sidewalks and stairs and the application of ice melt product.
- Responsible for securing and lock up of the courthouse and other buildings as assigned. Perform final walk through at end of shift, checking all main entry exterior doors.
- Make minor non-technical repairs such as replace light bulbs and basic toilet repairs.
- May direct the work activities of inmates or community service workers, providing instruction in work methods.
- Order custodial supplies and tools. Deliver to appropriate departments or stations.
- Perform work activities with as little disruption to other departments operations as possible.
- Run errands as directed by supervisor, utilizing county or personal vehicle.
Qualification & Requirements of Custodian:
- All hiring decisions are contingent on the selectee passing background check and drug screening.
- Must be self-motivated and cooperative, have a positive attitude, be able to perform under minimum supervision, and dress appropriately for the position.
- Must have general knowledge of cleaning and custodial work.
- Must be physically fit and be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
About the Central Arkansas Workforce Development Area
The Central Arkansas Workforce Development Centers specialize in recruiting and placing skilled professionals in a variety of industries on behalf of employers in Central Arkansas. We help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses.
CAPDD/Arkansas Workforce Center is an “equal opportunity employer/program,” and “auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.” Arkansas Relay Service: 1-800-285-1121 (Voice) 1-800-285-1131 (TDD) or TDD 711.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 605070658Posted: 2021-03-01