The ideal Housekeeping Supervisor candidate will possess extremely high standards in the results they expect from themselves and their team, strong interpersonal communication skills, a superior eye for detail, and exemplary leadership and motivational skills. A clear understanding of guest service in an upscale hotel environment is also a must.
The housekeeping supervisor will be responsible for assisting the housekeeping team to clean and service guest rooms, public areas and laundry. Inspect rooms daily, weekly schedule and monthly inventory required. Handle lost and found items. Train and develop housekeeping staff. Anticipate internal and external guest needs, respond promptly to guest request and maintain positive guest relationships.
This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and some holidays. The physical demands include walking and standing to a significant degree, as well as the ability to perform and demonstrate housekeeping chores, which could involve lifting, bending, and stretching.
- Available to open housekeeping AM to run operational reports, prepare attendant assignment boards and issue supplies and equipment to workers
- Assist with deep-cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during high-volume periods in cleaning rooms or laundry if the need occurs.
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction. Carry out special needs and requests of the guests, VIPs and repeat visitors.
- Inspecting all vacant rooms daily in assigned areas and spot checking occupied rooms as needed.
- Ensure all required amenities and linens are stocked daily in each guest room according to standards.
- Ensure the guest room is clean according to standards and that required daily cleaning assignments have been completed.
- Monitor all housekeeping employees and their daily activities while on the floor. Report any issues to General Manager or Manager on Duty immediately.
- Inventory stock to ensure adequate supplies
- Training and development of new room attendants
- Remain positive and helpful when supervising housekeeping employees, always being polite and gracious with requests and/or suggestions for improvement of cleanliness issues.
- Maintain a friendly and helpful attitude towards guests at all times.
- Any other task assigned by management.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
Posting ID: 30142419Posted: 2020-07-14