The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for the design, integration, and/or improvement of manufacturing systems or related processes of the company’s Hazel Park facility. This position requires strong electronical knowledge, including previous experience in PLC troubleshooting and robotics. The Manufacturing Engineer will report to the Production Manager.
- Evaluating existing manufacturing processes and identifying areas for improvement.
- Determining problem resolutions and implementing improvements.
- Developing detailed layouts for equipment, processes, and workflow.
- Researching and developing new processes, equipment, and products.
- Developing and implementing cost-saving measures and quality control systems.
- Ensuring manufacturing processes, equipment, and products comply with safety standards and legal regulations.
- Maintaining research and activity documentation and preparing reports.
- Create and perform preventative maintenance program.
- Assist in set-up, testing, validation and run off of new equipment.
- Create and maintain spare parts list.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree in manufacturing, industrial, or mechanical engineering preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing or industrial engineering preferred.
- Experience in trouble shooting/diagnosing PLC error codes preferably Siemens.
- Robotic experience preferably KUKA.
- Experience evaluating and troubleshooting manufacturing processes and machinery.
- Experience using CAD, CAM, data analysis programs and related software.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organization and management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- High level of technical expertise.
- Strong analytical thinker
- Ability to stand, walk and sit for prolonged periods
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Ability to travel internationally for training purposes (when/if deemed safe and necessary)
- An attractive workplace in an innovative technology company
- A high level of individual responsibility, freedom to shape and create including the chance to grow professionally
- A work atmosphere that promotes trust and cooperation in a motivated team
- Competitive pay and benefit plan options
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
Posting ID: 600755278Posted: 2021-01-25