- The company is an IT Services professional consulting firm with both government and commercial contracts and has supported the Department of Defense (DoD) since 2005.
- Seeking an ambitious and flexible HR Manager to join an empowered team of employees and provide exceptional service for both internal customers and external clients.
- Competitive Wages
- Eligibility to Participate in Annual Performance-Based Bonus and Profit-Sharing Plan (PSP)
- Company-Sponsored Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance (Including Initial Medical Deductible)
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Support personnel throughout the full cycle of employment to include administering training, managing recruitment and placement, and developing initiatives to ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Manage full life-cycle recruitment and hiring timelines in partnership with internal and external partners and staffing agencies.
- Serve as primary point of contact for employee relations.
- Administer personnel actions, including performance appraisals, disciplinary action, onboarding, Human Resources Information System (HRIS) functions and new hire orientation.
- Responsible for administration of the company Employment Manual.
- Oversee all Human Resources initiatives, systems, and strategies with responsibility for measuring effectiveness and efficiency.
- Manage and supervise all Human Resources support staff.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or relevant field required, Masters Degree in Human Resources Management or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of Human Resources experience working directly for a government/defense contractor (responsibilities including recruitment and placement, managing contracts and direct billable clients, training, employee relations management, compliance, and policy and procedure implementation)
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity
- Previous experience supporting the Department of Defense (DoD), Department of the Navy (DoN), or other government client or familiarity with basic government client requirements
- Possession of or willingness to obtain SPHR, SHRM-SCP or equivalent certification
- Experience or proficiency in the following additional skill sets and functional areas:
- Working with transitioning military personnel, government services employment restrictions ethics, and the Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Program
- Understanding of how the Human Resources and Onboarding function supports overall company operations
- Developing and administering employee compensation plans
- Complying with the McNamara-O'Hara Service Contract Act (SCA) of 1965
- Creating and updating Affirmative Action Plans
- Filing compliance reporting (e.g. Affirmative Action Plan, EEO-1, and VETS 4212)
- Applying International Organization for Standardization (ISO) guidelines for Human Resources Management
- Negotiating third-party vendor contracts with staffing agencies, direct placement firm, job boards, benefits programs, and other vendors
- Ability to be nimble and flexible in adjusting to changing recruitment needs of government clients
- Advanced knowledge of software applications including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Applicant Tracking Systems & Onboarding Modules (e.g. Taleo)
- Excellent organizational skills and high level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Posting ID: 568032000Posted: 2020-11-03