POSITION TITLE: Aluminum MIG Welder - Washington, NC facility
Reports to: Department Manager
Classification: Hourly Non-Exempt
VT Hackney Inc. is a $140 million manufacturer of specialized aluminum drop-frame truck bodies, trailers, refrigerated truck bodies and trailers and specialty vehicle cabs. Headquartered in Washington NC, the company operates four manufacturing facilities in the continental United States and is owned by Vision Technologies Land Systems, a subsidiary of ST Engineering.
Assemble and weld components (modifying, setting up, fittings, refurbishing, etc.) following written and verbal instructions, closely adhering to company standards.
1. Set up, fit and weld to perform the direct function of the department.
2. Follow written and verbal instructions to assemble units meeting company quality standards.
3. Detect and report faulty operations, materials and working conditions to supervisor.
4. Use safety equipment as instructed. Follow safety regulations and company policies.
5. Maintain work area, equipment and tools in clean orderly condition.
6. Promote 5S concept of order and housekeeping.
7. Perform other duties and cross-train as required or assigned.
1. Welding skill and good knowledge of hand tools.
2. Requires the use of math and various measuring devices in interpreting and following written instructions and engineering drawings.
1. Physical fitness to perform all functions of designated work areas. This includes small tool use, full arm and leg range of motion, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, work in awkward positions, talking and hearing.
2. Employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 35lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70lbs on a daily basis.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.