4220 Bardstown Road, Louisville, KY 40218
Driveability / Tune-up Tech
At Least 2 Years of Experience is Required
Sign-on Bonus available to qualified candidates!
Tool Relocation Assistance Available
Walk-in Applicants are Welcome!
Bill Collins Ford Lincoln of Louisville is the Go-To spot for Shepherdsville, Mount Washington, Taylorsville and Cox’s Creek drivers seeking a new or used vehicle. Customer satisfaction is our business! We believe that culture makes a difference and we focus on building relationships with our employees, our customers, and our community.
We are looking for a Driveability / Tune-up Tech who is an ace mechanic, experienced trouble-shooter and has experience with diagnosing electrical malfunctions within automotive systems. We value our employees and invest in their success. Apply online today to join our team!
- Competitive pay plan based on experience
- Sign-on bonus available to qualified candidates
- Tool relocation assistance available
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits!
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid Vacation!
- A Professional and Respectful Work Environment
- No Sundays!
- Career advancement opportunities
Responsibilities - Driveability / Tune Up Tech:
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Use knowledge of engine management, emission, fuel, electrical, and ignition systems to diagnose issues that prevent engines from performing efficiently.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
- Road-test vehicles when required
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes
- Must follow all company safety policies and procedures
Qualifications/Requirements - Driveability / Tune Up Tech:
- At least 2 years of experience required
- A working knowledge of electricity, and an extensive knowledge of the increasingly complex electrical systems found in different types of vehicles
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- The ability to operate hand and power tools to complete the job
- Manual dexterity and a strong attention to detail to ensure all wires are correctly installed
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate vehicle issues in layman’s terms
- ASE certification is a plus
- Vocational school training and associate degree is helpful, but not required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Resume must be uploaded, and online assessment completed for immediate consideration.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship and be a current resident.
- Applicants must pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Posting ID: 564446068Posted: 2020-08-01