Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad's state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. Our platform includes digital, gravure and offset presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you'll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done - something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Press Operator, Pewaukee, WI
Are you mechanically inclined?
- Want an opportunity to be promoted based on performance?
- Desire wages in-line with your experience?
- Have previous manufacturing experience?
If you answered yes, it's time for you to open that door!
What's in it for you?
A compressed work schedule geared toward balancing work and family life:
3 and 4 day work week
- 12 hour rotating shift (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Great perks and benefits to eligible employees including:
- Full service medical, dental, pharmacy and optical facilities (at select locations)
- Onsite fitness and rehabilitation centers, wellness programs and onsite cafeteria
- Opportunity to build retirement savings
- Vacation and 9 paid holidays per year
- Overtime paid over 40 hours per week
- Weekly paychecks and more!
Is this role right for me?
To do this role, you will need to:
- Have excellent mechanical and trouble shooting skills
- Enjoy taking things apart and putting them back together
- Have a desire to grow and move up - Don't settle for the status quo!
- Be a good team player with a can-do attitude
- Be a good multitasker, working well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Have good communication skills and be able to work well with a team
- Be able to follow instructions and pay close attention to detail
- Like technology, automation and be good with computers
What does a Press Operator do?
First Press Operators wear many hats as they take full responsibility of the printed product. They are responsible for the set up and operation of press equipment, ensuring production of the highest quality product, while meeting company performance standards, customer specifications and delivery requirements. They plan, coordinate and monitor the work of the press crew, continuously monitoring quality and enforcing safety. They assist crew members in analyzing issues and help find innovative solutions to problems and look for opportunities to improve processes and outcomes. The First Press Operator must work well under pressure in a deadline driven environment. They play an essential role in the training and development of other pressroom employees.
Second Press Operators play an essential role in helping Quad reduce the cost of errors; achieve client satisfaction and create a safe and hazard free workplace. The Second Press Operator assists the First Press Operator with make-readies, press equipment operations, performing quality control functions and enforcing the safety rules. This position is a leadership role and will assist in directing the work activities of the press crew members to ensure productivity, quality and safety goals are met.
The role is physically demanding. The work is done while standing. The job will include the ability to bend and lift 10-15 pounds continuously, ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, perform repetitious tasks, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement. The ability to perform basic math calculations is vital as is the ability to follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
What do I need to qualify?
2-5 years previous printing/press room experience. Previous inline Press Operator experience is highly desired. Will consider applicants that have worked on inline press equipment, M1000, Heidelbergs, Goss, Sunday, Sanden Forms, understanding of direct mail equipment and die-cutting desired.
On the job training is available to support continued development as a Press Operator.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging - a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace