Jiffy Lube® pioneered the fast oil change industry by establishing the first drive-through service in 1979. Our mission is to provide customers with fast, professional service for their vehicles. Every Brake Technician will receive comprehensive training through our award winning Jiffy Lube® University computer based training as well as hands on training. We offer a variety of benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as paid holidays, and paid time off.
The primary function of the Brake Technician is to perform automotive brake repair including performing diagnostic tests and determining common brake problems, repairing and replacing brakes, and performing routine brake maintenance. This position requires the Technician to keep up with current developments in the field of automotive brake repair including discovering new information and technology for both current and future problem-solving in vehicle diagnosis as well as maintaining appropriate skill level with traditional or advanced hand tools. Some key duties of this position will include:
● Properly operating lift equipment (i.e. jacks, stands, and hoist).
● Replacement and installation of brake hardware, rotors, calipers, brake hoses, drums and master brake cylinders.
● Resurfacing of drums and rotors if necessary.
● Cleaning and adjusting drum brakes and parking brakes.
● Exchange of old contaminated brake fluid with new fluid and removal of air brake lines.
● Anti-lock braking system (ABS) diagnostics and repair.
● Front end/suspension repair.
● Light drive train repair.
● Wheel bearing service.
● Operates and maintains brake lathe.
? Must have and maintain ASE A5 brake certification
? High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
? Valid Driver's License.
? Age 21 or older.
? Ability to speak, read, and write English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
? Ability to speak effectively with customers and employees.
? Can complete the required computer based training (CBT) modules.
? The Brake Technician position will require the employee to regularly service cars. Thus, while performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and walk.
? Use of hands, and fingers to feel, reach with hands and arms.
? Able to climb stairs.
? Able to lift objects up to 50 pounds and transfer from one height to another.
? Able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
? Able to communicate clearly.
Posting ID: 40480967Posted: 2020-02-19