Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for picking off leakers, dirt and yolks. Prevents bad eggs from contaminating the finished products and ensures the quality of the eggs entering the breaking room. Responsible for removing all egg yolks from whites to ensure a high quality product during the separation process. Keeps breaking machines running at top production speeds. Also, keeps these machines clean at all times. And follows USDA and FSIS regulations.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prevent bad eggs from contaminating finished products.
- Remove all yolk from whites to ensure a high quality product when separating.
- Keep machine running at top production speeds and follow through with each days responsibilities. (whole egg vs. separating)
- Follow USDA regulations.
- Check air pressure and water pressure before starting.
- Clean machine of egg and egg shells before breaks.
- Follow all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) requirements.
- Follow all GMP's (washing hands, etc.) throughout the day.
- Follow all HACCP guidelines.
- Maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Able to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Travel to and work at multiple locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Less than high school education.
- Ability to read a limited number of two-and three-syllable words.
- Able to recognize similarities and differences between words and series of numbers.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers.
- Capability of applying common sense understanding in order to carry out instructions furnished in oral form.
- Ability to tolerate constant motion.
- Able to climb and move above, below and into tight spaces.
- Ability to work in high humidity conditions and around USDA required cleaning solutions.
- Free of any breathing asthmatic conditions; dusty and aromatic conditions prevail.
- Possesses good hand-eye coordination.
- Capability to understand and follow oral instruction.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks at a time (tripping cups, cleaning whites, etc.)
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with others to complete work assignments.
- Open to change.
- Positive interpersonal relationships.
- Able to work independently and with others in a team environment.
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek direction.
- Displays responsible behavior at work.
Posting ID: 588101183Posted: 2020-11-19