We have the honor and responsibility of working in food - a critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis. We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our manufacturing facilities...this is a great opportunity for those who are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or being sent home from college temporarily.
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food. POSITION SUMMARY
: This position is responsible for assisting with stocking materials required for production and processing as well as loading and unloading of trucks. In addition, this position will assist with shrink/damage investigations and rotation of products.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
- Assist in stocking materials required for production and processing.
- Load/unload trucks.
- Identify and assist with shrink/damage investigation.
- Rotation of product using FIFO System.
- Maintain inventory accuracy by following proper procedures and completing all the necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
- Assist Quality and other departments with sampling procedures.
- Perform daily sanitation of material storage areas and maintain master sanitation schedule.
- Accurately count all incoming materials and sign off on bill of ladings.
- Responsible to follow all plant and USDA quality standards and rules.
- Fill in for Lead Person when needed.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Able to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Capability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to obtain a forklift license.
- Able to understand and follow oral or written instructions.
- Capable of lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to load and unload egg and material trailers.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Available to work weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
- Ability to travel to multiple locations for work.
- Must be attentive at all times and safety minded.
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with others to complete work assignments.
- Open to change.
- Positive interpersonal relationships.
- Able to work independently and with others in a team environment.
Posting ID: 610566884Posted: 2021-03-04