Quality Assurance Manager
Competitive Salary Based Experience
Offering a one stop shop solution from freight forwarding to customs brokerage, warehousing to domestic transportation, SEAFRIGO/FRIGOPACK
has created and developed unique solutions that allow our customers to optimize the supply chain of their food products. With about 70% of the products being temperature controlled, our expertise in handling chilled, frozen and ambient products makes us a solid partner for logistic needs.
Position: QA Manager, Full time
Seafrigo/Frigopack has an opportunity for a collaborative, knowledgeable, mission driven QA Manager.
The QA Manager is responsible for managing the Plant Quality Assurance Department, ensures high quality products meet customer expectations while maintaining compliance with FDA, USDA, OSHA and other applicable regulations, as well as company policies and procedures. Provides solid leadership to achieve company, plant, and department goals through various procedures, evaluation and improvement skills and strategies that improve overall quality and profitability. Masters and implements all QA policies, programs and procedures. Manages and effectively follows up on multiple projects and assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Typical tasks performed include a combination of the following:
- Responsible for overseeing that all QA and Regulatory programs are followed, makes sound decisions and executes quality oversight.
- Develop food safety standards and programs to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Executes quality objectives as directed by the Vice President of Processing, as well as the adherence and execution of all company policies and programs associated with Foods Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Compliance.
- Works with other staff members to prevent process or product failures. Focuses on continuous improvement of product quality through the development of quality plans, process controls, attention to process details and specifications and quality training.
- Ensures that operational and pre-operational sanitation is acceptable to the USDA and FDA standard. Implements and develops necessary verification activities including sampling and testing to verify the effectiveness of sanitation activities. Ensures GMP and Sanitation audits are as required with documented corrective actions and follow-up as necessary. Takes action in response to negative micro and shelf Life data to drive improvement.
- Completes development of BRC Quality Plan:
- addition or removal of processing steps
- Introduction of new product with processing steps not in currently included in Quality Analysis
- At a minimum BRC Quality Plan is reassessed annually.
- Oversees the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the BRC System.
- Takes appropriate action to maintain the integrity of the BRC System.
- Communicates to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the BRC System.
- Perform internal audits as scheduled in the internal audit program and as assigned by management.
- Work with the team to increase food safety awareness in the organization and build a food safety culture.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401K with a Safe Harbor match
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor s degree (B.A.) in Food Science or related field and 3-5 years experience in the food industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance principles, food science and meat processing.
- BRC Practitioner, HACCP Certify, HACCP Seafood Certify
- Comprehensive knowledge of USDA, FSIS, HACCP, and SSOP requirements.
- Ability to uphold regulatory, company and customer standards.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and deadline oriented.
- Computer Knowledge (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook).
- Bilingual, English and Spanish is a plus.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision includes close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Office and plant setting. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Apply Online Below
Posting ID: 602104820Posted: 2021-01-26