New Jersey Community Development Corporation
New Jersey Community Development Corporation (NJCDC) is a non-profit community development and social service agency located in the City of Paterson with a mission of creating opportunities to transform lives. We employ over 100 individuals performing a wide variety of community development, youth development, educational, supportive housing and social service functions, collectively impacting hundreds of lives each day. You can find out more about us by visiting www.njcdc.org.
The Junior Accountant implements bookkeeping and accounting functions for New Jersey Community Development Corporation (“NJCDC”), as well as its member entities and subsidiaries. He/she also supports the Chief Financial Officer and Controller with all fiscal responsibilities.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Implements bookkeeping and accounting functions for NJCDC entities and subsidiaries including:
o Grant Reporting
o Fixed Assets
o Accounts Payable
o Accounts Receivable
o Cash Receipts
o Purchasing and Procurement
o Vendor Account Maintenance
o Fiscal Administrative Duties
· Prepare and process accounts payable and ensure prompt payment to vendors
· Work with vendors to resolve issues related to billing
· Handles all correspondence involving accounts payable
· Maintain accounts payable records and vendor files
· Responsible for generating and processing accounts receivable invoices
· Maintain up-to-date accounts receivable aging reports
· Responsible for follow up, collection and payment coding
· Perform Payroll function, as needed
· Perform other assigned duties as required
· Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
o Working Knowledge of financial accounting and reporting
o Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, Outlook)
o Experience with accounting software programs. (MIP Abila Fund Accounting a plus; willing to train).
o Experience with Medicaid Billing a plus
o Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
o Attention to detail with appropriate follow-through
o Strong organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
o Ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency
o Exhibit qualities of loyalty, trustworthiness and strong work ethic
o Ability to work well in a team environment
o Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
· Educational level:
o Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
· Experience required:
o 1-3 years’ experience preferred in finance and/or accounting.
o Knowledge of nonprofit accounting and public sector finance.
o Experience in bookkeeping for a multi-site organization preferred
How to apply:
If you are passionate about improving the lives of those in need email your resume to Human Resources; with a cover letter describing yourself, your work skills and experience along with salary requirements.